Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

AR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you gotten bored with AR?
yes, of course
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
No never
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Ummmm I don't know
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

Elaedon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

I remember seeing that it was legal to log on another character to go for someone. As for logging on my brother's healer, he was the one who played him, but I was almost always sitting next to him for that. As for lawful...I really had no idea. Embarassed

Vhrael, this brings me to another point. Would you say that going around atacking every evil for an hour was more or less "lightwalkerish" than helping someone?

Found the quote:
Quote:
It's okay though, to play as a lowbie lame brain, then when you see someone you love to gang bang quickly quit, then log in as your other character to rape them.

although...i don't know if you'll trust Remmenon

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Elaedon wrote:
I remember seeing that it was legal to log on another character to go for someone. As for logging on my brother's healer, he was the one who played him, but I was almost always sitting next to him for that. As for lawful...I really had no idea. Embarassed

Found the quote:
Quote:
It's okay though, to play as a lowbie lame brain, then when you see someone you love to gang bang quickly quit, then log in as your other character to rape them.

although...i don't know if you'll trust Remmenon

First of all, anybody that quotes anything Remmenon says as their "basis of comparison" needs to reexamine the source. Also, the 10- and 30-minute waits are in place to help keep things like logging on, checking who and logging off to get another character balanced, but if you're doing that you're still in violation of using OOC knowledge. If you quit out on one character, then immediately log on another character (not to mention one that's not even yours) and go gunning for someone right off the bat, expect repercussions.

Elaedon wrote:
Vhrael, this brings me to another point. Would you say that going around atacking every evil for an hour was more or less "lightwalkerish" than helping someone?

I don't see the point of that question. Goodies do what they do. It's a PK mud, with RP enforced. Some like to "tiptoe through the tulips," some like to go destroy anything with <PK> next to it.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

If Remmenon was wrong, why didn't some immortal reply on that post?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Most likely because everyone's grown accustomed to dismissing or ignoring 99.9% of Remmenon's posts.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Yep.

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I must say, that was a fun night. I ended up getting chased and stuff because of that. Its times like those when AR does get exciting again. So yeah....I get bored with ar too, but you just have to randomly pop in and see whats chillin. Randomly fun things can just happen. Which is something that is fun, the whole spontineity thing. Woo.

0 0 0
DarkFire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Don't get me wrong alot of stuff that has happened has spiced up AR alot and its great its just lately it just boring for now, I do want to see the mage changes and when they bring back Psi, the new skills and spells and what they do will be great

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I fully realize PvP is part of this game. But it is also a large part of why I can understand people's distaste for the game and loss of interest.

PvP done right can be a fun experience for everyone involved.

PvP done like this:

Rilex says 'I would own you brijoc.'

...is what makes PvP unfun, unenjoyable, makes the game uninteresting. I can go to just about ANY MUD and PK. If I want to hear l33t pwnage speeek I'll play EQ or GuildWars... seriously.

I come here for the RP and PK combination. Which a lot of people do well, and a lot of people don't.

As far as the *game*... no, I do not find myself losing interest. There is generally something new on the horizon and many places to explore, and new characters to try, and so forth. The game play, I immensely enjoy, it's the dick wads I utterly hate.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject:

I say dav does another one of those Sheep/wolf events...It would be kind of fair now, unless he chooses a time when there are just legions on...

0 0 0
Dminted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:

I have gotten bored with AR on and off. It's fun as hell but there are times like (first age) spending long hours getting a all of a dwarven warriors combat skills mastered then getting repeatedly ganked by a shaman and necro over and over just put a damper on things. LOL But the first time I got bored was when I begged and begged Stryth to make me a Justice (and I was chaotic LMAO) but he slayed me, made me lawful and a justice. Got bored with that one quick. Ah well, now I have about 7 different characters in case one gets boring but all these changes are making it more exciting than ever. woohoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: