Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 15 hours.

Poll: Which module after Afflictive Module?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which module should the Imps work on after they've finished Afflictive Module?
Religion Module: druids, religions, tattoos, and cleric balance changes.
78%
 78%  [ 33 ]
Rogue Module: 4 thief professions, 2 ninja clans, and new bard song repertoire.
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 42

Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Poll: Which module after Afflictive Module?

This poll is to help us gauge which of the two following change modules has stronger player interest. This is NOT about the current change module (which is Afflictive Module), but about the one after Afflictive Module has been finished.

RELIGION MODULE

- Reintroduction of the druid class, with entirely new spells.
- New religion system for clerics to commune to their chosen god -- either PC or NPC -- to receive god-specific spells.
- Two separate tattoo types: one for clerics and their followers, and one for everyone else.
- Balance changes for existing cleric classes.

ROGUE MODULE

- New "profession" specialization system for thieves, with 4 possible professions to choose from.
- New "clan" specialization system for ninjas, with 2 possible clans to choose from.
- Complete overhaul of the bard song repertoire, with entirely new songs.
- New items designed specifically for rogue classes.

CAST YOUR VOTE ABOVE!

Last edited by Burzuk on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject:

Woo, first to reply + vote.

This virgin vote would be for Religions hands down. Druids get to come back, Clerics get to get suped communing Gods/Imms, what more would anyone want?

Rogue loves can't really complain, they had their fill with combat B, but I'm looking at a very tempting addition right now... and that'd be Religions.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

You're forgetting that this is the Nerfinator we're talking about. "Suped"? It's entirely possible that I tell clerics, "if you don't worship Burzuk, then you can't cast sanctuary." How's that for suped-up communing?

I don't promise stronger or weaker, only new.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject:

Hah I don't mind nerfinator, but that'd just be underhanded heh. How about no parry for all warriors who don't worship Burzuk? Oww.. and what's more, I think we've all been looking for the new.. stuff.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Oh god... they both sound so good. GAH.

I kinda miss Druids, and religions/tattoos do sound appealing; but professions/clans. It's so hard, it feels like Christmas or something... Oh, I KNOW! Maybe you could open up another test port and get more coders so we can get BOTH?! Just kidding, I'm very happy with the way things are going now (yes, even the small tweaks and the empowerment/gimping of classes/skills).

W00t. Go religions.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see the religion module.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject:

Reintroduction of an entire class makes religion an easy winner. Too bad I don't see any mention of psis in the afflictive module intro Sad.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject:

I want the second.

Are those new clans/professions kind of like sub-guilds? "Yeah we're all thieves, but each seperate profession hates each other and we all have different skills."

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject:

Specializations (there's a different type of specialization for each class that has it -- it's called "professions" for thieves and "clans" for ninjas) allow members of that guild to choose from sets of specialization skills to replace and/or augment the skills they already share with each other. Being the first class with specialization, invokers will have rather minor specializations to choose from in contrast to thieves/ninjas.

So yes, that means there'll be 4 different "types" of thieves and 2 different "types" of ninjas, but they'll all share the core skills of their base class. For example, you can expect thieves of all professions to still be able to backstab and blackjack, etc.

As for conflicts among those of different specializations, that will vary by the type of specialization and the base class. For instance, relations among invokers will be completely unchanged by their specializations, while the two ninja specializations are mortal enemies that will be hunting each other in the shadows. So it really depends.

All members of the same class, regardless of specialization, will share guildhalls. So you can reasonably expect that the ninja guildhall will be a bloodier place to rest than most other guildhalls.

Lastly, there are no plans to bring psis back. We could fix the balance issues psis caused by giving them a brand new skillset (as we're doing with druids), but that's a waste of time since I've never seen anyone even attempt to justify why we should have a primarily aff/mal mage class that's based around mental saves. It completely contradicts AR's saves system. If we're coming up with enough new skills for a total class revamp, we'd rather do it for existing classes that need them rather than to prop up a dubious class based around shoddy gameplay precepts. Thus, since psis do not fit into AR's gameplay, their removal will last indefinitely. (Because psis are not coming back in the change modules being discussed here, any further discussion on psis is off-topic for this thread and should take place in a different thread instead.)

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject:

I chose the Rogue module.

Why? I just think the cleric classes have everything they need right now. I think if it's between the cleric classes and the rogue classes (who I've always thought have been short changed) I'd say the rogues are in more need of a revamp. Just my opinion.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

I'd like to change my vote from Religion to Rogue packet...Totally.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Relgion batch wins hands down as stated by slade. New class. + alot of stuff that will help with immersion (gods, tattoos...) rogues can wait a little longer.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I guess my vote will go for religions.

Thief / Ninja specialization looks totally effing sweet. The more diverse a player can make his skillset, the more unique, the more fun. That just sounds totally sweet.

But, people have been bitching about getting religions for how many years? All of them? I suppose it's time for that.

Though, damn, the rogue module looks uber.

0 0 0
Static Impulse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

While the professions/clan thing sounds amazingingy cool, I've been wating a long time for religions to come out. I've wanted a tattoo for awhile, and I think the changing of the cleric classes will really balance out the game. Human shamans while having their disadvantages are really good. Druid coming back would be nice too, though you know there will be a surge of them when they get reintroduced. Maybe throw in a few more racial legacies or something to draw away from the druid class...

PS: Great job on the two new legacies!

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I can't access the actual MUD itself right now, can someone toss up some online helpfiles or copy and paste them? I had no ideas Invokers were changed, or that the Aff mod was in, and i'd like to see what all happened. Until my extra RAM and new video card comes in, the current setup I have crawls so horribly it takes MINUTES (literally) to do anything on AR. Have to get cable internet back, and get this crappy free comp suped up. Thanks, to anyone who fufills this request.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: heh

getting your hopes up for nothing. This is a post for shit thats up and coming, and which one of the two the immortals would want there time spent mostly on. Druids arent back, invokers are the same, and there is no combat mod c YET...

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

This is the nerfinator we're talking about here. Ever think he's gonna look at what people want the most and say "Well...we're gonna do that AFTER the one you guys didn't pick so you sit in anticipation of the <insert big word here> that is the Religion mod." Laughing

My vote goes to rogues, ..just because I want them to be complete and I can make that rouge legion I always wanted.

0 0 0
DarkFire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject:

so when the rogue changes come into play what about the old ninjas and thieves? do they choose or have to stay the same?

0 0 0
gomer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject:

religions

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Erlwith wrote:
I chose the Rogue module.

Why? I just think the cleric classes have everything they need right now. I think if it's between the cleric classes and the rogue classes (who I've always thought have been short changed) I'd say the rogues are in more need of a revamp. Just my opinion.
I think Erlwith is right. I saw two ninjas and a thief try to beat down an invoker. They got murdered. I think mages are fine for now. Rogues are getting smashed in.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: