Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

Ecast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Ecast

I really find the RP part of AR really fun, and I find this command helps me with that.

My question is:
Are there any other commands that function in the same way as ecast and esay, and allow you to do ordinary commands in your own way?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject:

Define "ordinary commands"...

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:

Ordinary Command:
Say
Emote
Cast

Rp extended Version:
Esay
Pmote
Ecast

Hope that helps Vhrael.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject:

Well no offense, Erlwith, but not really. He already mentioned ecast and esay (and I assume he knew about emote, if not pmote, already). I meant for him to specify which other kinds of "ordinary commands" he was looking for a specialized version of. There are usually only one or two ways to do most things, so I was curious as to what other commands he was asking for (murder, bash, cure critical, etc.).

You could always tie emotes in when using certain skills. Heck, that's pretty much how ecast came about in the first place - Grimp (gnome invoker Justice played by Kalist) was using emotes to augment his spellcasting as part of his RP, and it was noticed by so many people that it ended up as the roundabout inspiration for ecasting.

Example:
Regular:
dirt Bob
Code:
Your kicked dirt scratches Bob!

Personalized:
emote draws his foot back, then quickly kicks at the ground.
dirt Bob
Code:
Joe draws his foot back, then quickly kicks at the ground.
Your kicked dirt scratches Bob!

It seems like it might take a lot longer to do things, and that's one of the reasons that emoting before actual combat commands isn't recommended - it'll slow you down considerably in a PK situation. However, if you know how to make aliases using your mud client (I don't think the in-game alias system will support multi-line commands), you can easily set up something like this.

Using the above example, here's an alias for ZMud:

#alias {dirt} {emote draws his foot back, then quickly kicks at the ground.;di %1}

When you type "dirt Bob" ZMud will place "Bob" in a sort of 'temporary variable' that gets called using the "%1"... don't worry about how it works, it just does. However, aside from using aliases and stuff like that, I don't think you'll be seeing in-game personalizations for most commands since most commands are combat-specific, and it just doesn't make a lot of sense to switch up things like tripping or bashing.

0 0 0
deauja

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: posers

you can costumize the pose command also to create some specific roleplaying characteristics.

0 0 0
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

Ok then.

I already use my mud client, WinTin, quite extensively, so adding in combat emotes and pmotes won't be an issue.

deauja wrote:
you can costumize the pose command also to create some specific roleplaying characteristics.

How exactly?

And finaly, to awnser your question Vhrael, what I was looking for was perhaps a emote commune or customized warcries or something.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

help pose...

You have to expect to do some homework by yourself, you wont learn shit if we explain everything.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Kazagistar wrote:
And finaly, to awnser your question Vhrael, what I was looking for was perhaps a emote commune or customized warcries or something.

There's no "ecommune" for the simple reason that communing for spells is praying for them, thus you see people "bowing their heads" and whatnot. It wouldn't make much sense (at least to me) to see:

Code:
Bob communes 'cure critical' while doing a nasty flip kick.

As for warcries, caballed characters get custom warcries. You can join a cabal or the Heralds and your warcry will get changed automatically.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: