Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

the new order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: the new order

what is it?

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I believe it was a role playing thing from a few years ago.

0 0 0
Lydana
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Its been years, but here is what I remember of it...

It was originated by Zepherleaniac, Polik and Myria (I think I got the spelling right on all those). The intention was for it to be a peaceful group of friends who opposed violence (all race/class/ethos/align allowed). It lasted for as long as the characters lasted (a month or two) before it faded away into a memory. There was Imm support from Myria, but nothing much from what I remember (except all the special attention Polik got). Eventually someone made a Polik guy in Seringale who laments about Nara and the New Order, thus keeping history alive.

Essentially, the Patrons are very similar to what the New Order could have been if it went beyond just RP to become implemented into the game.

Edit: This may not be entirely accurate... this was years ago and I was only involved for a little while with Nara. I didn't like Myria much so.... I didn't get as involved as some others.

Last edited by Lydana on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Psh, whatever...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order

"New Order are an English rock group formed in 1980 by the surviving members of Joy Division following the suicide of singer Ian Curtis.

Early New Order was reminiscent of Joy Division, but they quickly evolved their own distinctive sound, and are often cited as a very significant influence on the dance music and dance club scene. Their sound can be described as a fusion of electronic dance music and post punk.

Current members are Bernard Sumner (vocals, guitars, keyboards), Peter Hook (bass, keyboards), Stephen Morris (drums, keyboards), and Phil Cunningham (guitars, keyboards). In 2001, keyboardist Gillian Gilbert (joined in 1980; she and Morris are married) left the group due to family commitments, though no permanent line-up changes were ever announced."

Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject:

So there was the time Kalist and I were leveling with Myria, before she got immed, and we were killing ettins, so this ettin dies and drops a heart, so she asks to stop, does some emotes, a little dance and pray, and sacrifices the heart. At which point, being the awesomely funny person I am, I ask her if she wants to go back 3 rooms and sacrifice the ettin guts we saw, she gets mad, but doesn't ditch the group until she hits her level(Practicality before belief system, eh?) Three months later when she's Imm, and the New Order is going full tilt, apparently one of the sermons she feeds all the New Order members is how Phostan is evil and makes fun of her(specifically using that one little example), and how they've all been ordered to act indignant towards me for the slight. At which point I called them all morons and spent even more time making fun of the lot of them until the New Order collapsed. Because no one likes a buncha hypocritical morons. It had it's moments, like the moment where they talked about having me outcasted because I was too violent(You know them peace-lovin' Knights gotta keep respectable), or how Neonin tried getting lippy to me about making fun of Myria(Which I just laughed off)
I even offered the opinion once that it was all part of a Legion conspiracy to drag down the good aligns who actually do something, so there would be no resistance towards a full tilt Legion invasion. And that's the New Order for you!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: