Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Description for a shaman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlucian1992

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Description for a shaman

what would be a good description for a shaman / fire giant im all ears. Laughing

0 0 0
DarkFire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

well just think about it fire giant is big and strong so try something to that effect. shaman well make him look demonic or disformed, make him have a robe around him or something we can give you a description but then the char is not really yours because its not your own vision that others are seeing just do what i do draw your charc on a paper in a way that it looks good to you then start to describ it and there you go

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

My advice for writing a description is to A. account for racial constants (ie elves usually have pointed ears, giants are usually big etc) and B. account for who your charactor is. When I'm paying attention to writing a description (as opposed to spitting one off because I'm ranking and level 15 is looming), I write the basic features, which will take maybe 4 lines at most, then I individualize. Maybe she has a scarred side of her face from being in a fire when she was younger, maybe she looks amazingly perfect because she's an illusionist and is hiding all her faults. Presumably, your charactor has a history behind him or her, and how people look are representive of that history.

Good luck. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject:

My advice is to do whatever the hell you wish. Make rp or desc or backgrounds interesting.. I'd like to see a three foot tall giant if you can rp it. Who says a giant can't be inbred and only three foot tall.. would be interesting. Make your descriptions and such whatever you wish if you can keep up the rp and back it up. But then again i'm drunk again so.. might be talking up my ass.. can someone give me a what what?

0 0 0
phrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:

What What
for ass talk

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I would avoid, heavily so, putting items in your descriptions. Your chars won't have those items at all times, so it makes little sense to have them. Just my opinion though. Pick a facial feature to expand on rather than a sword, staff, or robe. If he is a shaman have him covered in daemon runes, or some sort of rune from a Abyss spawned creature on him. Since shamans are priests of the Abyss, famous for associating with the Abyss and it's denziens, as per ARs class page, focus on stature, the air the put off, eyes and such. That would just be my advice though. I've got some i've made for such chars i'm fairly proud of, that i'd be willing to toss to you for ideas, just contact me if you want. My job involves abotu 3 hours or frenzied work then 7-8 of just sitting and waiting, so i'm normally fairly free.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject:

You may want to write a desc like my shaman's:

He has his teeth on the outside of his lips. Something
is extremely wrong about this person.

Besides the initially shocking teeth, he looks like he
just came out of some forbidden magician's laboratory.
He has a black eye in one eye socket and two blue eyes
stuffed into his other socket. He has an empty void where
a nose should be, which noisily whistles with each breath.
His ears are attached to the side of his head with jagged
stitches, and most of his face is covered in face paint.
From time to time, he shakes his head vigorously which
sends his teeth wiggling on the ends of his lips.

/joke

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject:

A picture would probably describe it best, but the generic shaman look is some typical priest clothes (obviously), and a skeletal/demonic face acquired from communing into the darkness for their spells.

0 0 0
Llarim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Something like this, maybe:

From behind his red, fiery hair, this (race) glares at you with a burning intensity. His eyes are a deep brown and his skin a crimson tinge. His mouth is twisted into a horrid smile, with his yellow teeth juting out toward you. Each movement of his body seems to flow with grace, a demented grace at that, but grace nonetheless. Whisps of magic shoot forth from his hands as they move, giving the impression of his true might.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject:

What I always do is I pick a sort of theme for my character and his rp will tie into his desc. eg. I compare alot of a chars attributes to that of the earth type stuff and his rp is he's an old guy...or something like that. Or his attributes to fire and he's really aggressive and outgoing. etc. etc.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: