Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 18 hours.

Props from a complete beginnger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joebwan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Props from a complete beginnger

I just wanted to give props to Jyra for taking the time to RP with two lowbies. One a complete beginner and the other seemingly more experienced (although I do not honestly know).

While grouping and killing Ogres the two of us began to banter a bit about why these ogres continually returned. That there must be some source of them, and if we could only remove that the problem would be permanently fixed.

While in town we ran into Jyra and had a nice longish talk about the balance of the realms, overpopulating rabbits, and ogre mothers. It was immensely entertaining.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject:

that is good to hear that high ranks do rp with lowbies.
I try to when I can. but I still like to see the effort put forth from others.
good stuff.

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject:

I usually try to RP with anyone who will make an effort back. RP shouldn't start at 50. It's been said before, but I'll say it again. RP should start at level 1. I think alot of good RPers, esp. newer ones get jaded by the lack of RP that they get while ranking. (I'm guilty too most times, I'll admit its not easy to RP for hours at a time while killing snakes/dryads/whathaveyou) The only way to circumvent that is to treat a level 2 just like you would a level 52 imm.

To me, its a proven fact that some people will stay if they have lowbie RP encounters. I know that when I'm waiting out my ten minutes or half hour, and I go to check out some other muds (just to see) that the only one I revisited was one where I made a friend IC. Balanced PK isn't everything.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

Bullshit

Level 14 fire giant zerker ftw!

PS... RP is a lot of fun. Try an overdone gnomish mogul sometime.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

if every one roleplayed good with every one this would be the best mud I know it If we didnt disrespect lowbies and such and try to help them and roleplay good they will stay I advertise for Ar a lot in my aim and my space and yahoo, I have a lot of people say to me, "does every one treat others with respect?" I cant lie I say when you get strong yes but people that dont know the game well wont play because of that, I think if we have good roleplaying we can be the best mud ever! it starts with us hehe...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: