Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

Bards (lets Clarify )

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Bards (lets Clarify )

Yea so I noticed with my bard useing dirt is a great aspect to haveing a non pk class, I get to dirt whoever comes to me and flee, the only thing i would change about bards is haveing a song that lets them recall or teleport somewhere... any how I have a nice little bard k and he has gotten pked three or four times and already wanted and killed by the Justice... I spent all my gold on three items, Onyx bracer, Dragon stone, and boots of protection... Attacked in Seringale, so I flee dirt flee, Wanted.. killed by justice, he takes the boots of protection as a warning... then killed in the city and get my dragon stone taken the person is wanted but not caught, <<-- (about this, I was killed by a warrior thats only reason was to get that orb, which a higher level player some shaman said he would have his friend that were around my level take it and logged off..) Then some thief decides to kill me in Seringale when the justice is not about, and a higher level person takes my onyx bracer from my corpse and sells it in the auction.... Why do people not understand that bards are not pkers? why does people attack every one in there pk range? I am getting sick of the excuse "I just dont like you" or "I wanted your armor" that is some lamer rp and you all know it, It just makes me sick to know that my bard will be pked for no reason but lamer rp... Bards do not fight, they are for entertainment, bards are not weak though, I just do not understand why people pk a bard.. someone tell me before I go crazy!!

Last edited by beia on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

bards are not pkers. Other people are.

Oh, and a bard with word would be overpowered. Bards are supposed to be pacifists, yes, but no one should be nearly almost impossible to pk. Bards are already very strong defensively. (And offensively too, though they can't use it so much)

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Try to learn to enjoy the pk. Sure, you can't go around attacking people, but as soon as someone attacks you they're fair game. Use all those funky bard skills and songs and put up a fight. Surely you would find it a bit boring being a bard if no one ever attacked you?

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

If you don't want to get attacked, don't have nice items. AR is set up with rares and uniques so that if you have them, other people will have to kill you to get them. Killing someone for a piece of equipment is a perfectly valid reason for a kill.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

My advice? Learn how to run better. If you can dirt kick and be out of the area (or close) before it wears off, then hide somewhere, you've got a good chance of survival. Also, stay in taverns if someone that can hurt you is around. You'll know when they enter and you can prepare yourself for the attack.

One last thing, if you're going to try to dirt and run with a Justice around, you should dirt then flee and not flee then initiate the attack.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

You do mean Clarify don't you?

You got wanted by justice which meant you went to attack someone huh.. I thought bards weren't supposed to be aggressive in PK. People kill everyone, not just a bard; You can be rest assured of that.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

down, boys...

deleted inflammatory messages. let's keep it constructive.

edit with constructive comment so i'm not being hypocritical... Razz

beia:

bards are basically rogues with spells (songs). they are already quite buff, and if you experiment with the songs you have (keeping in mind where you are and who they will affect) you'll find you're not as helpless as you might think. dirt is fine for running away, but there are many more options.

beia wrote:
Why do people not understand that bards are not pkers? why does people attack every one in there pk range? I am getting sick of the excuse "I just dont like you" or "I wanted your armor" that is some lamer rp and you all know it, It just makes me sick to know that my bard will be pked for no reason but lamer rp... Bards do not fight, they are for entertainment, bards are not weak though, I just do not understand why people pk a bard.. someone tell me before I go crazy!!

bards are not supposed to initiate without having been victimized by an aggressor first. this does not mean they are not pkers...it means they can't pick fights. now granted, the element of surprise is a big advantage when it comes to pking. that just means you need to be on your toes, just like everyone else. a lot of people have said they enjoy paranoid atmosphere of PK...hence, they will do their best to perpetuate it. don't take your class as an excuse to say people shouldn't pk you. that's silly. instead, go and see why bards were restricted in pk. it will make more sense, and you'll have more fun, too.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

And, if you DO want to kill someone, make up rude and amusing songs about them until they flip out and attack you.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Indeed i just wanted some feed back, thanks for the inputs..

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

As people have stated, its the bards that have initiation restrictions. There are no other classes that have that, not even healers.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Thats kind of my style for neutrals anyway.. sit around and hope people attack, then relentlessly chase them down all over the map until I kill them. Very boring if no active and strong Legions or independents.

I guess you'd have to wonder how relentless the bard could be then.. if you have to actually get killed or heavily robbed instead of just weakly attacked before you get the green light to go apeshit on them until you kill them (though just probably once until a new offense, not multikilling or anything like that unless they gave you a lot more trouble than a couple attacks or a mild death).

They look like they could be pretty interesting between the defenses (even before songs), ok offense, looks like they have some nice mals and other funky combat songs, uncanny attack, rogue dirt duration, mild healing, scrolls and staves for more healing. Add in stuff like half-elf haggle for hit/dam, if you were hardcore about it half-elf 1 prac for big hp, yadda yadda.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

am I to assume by all these responses that bards CAN chase someone and pk AFTER being initiated?

I always thought that if a bard ever entered "murder person", they'd get in trouble...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: