Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Tick set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Tick set

can any one tell me how long the tick set is, my client Roa, is good at remember ticks but I have to set it manually first, can someone help me out on the exact time?

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

There is no exact time... It varies between like 28-31 or something. Cant remember the exact numbers. So if you were setting a tick timer, you would want it to reset itself almost each hour, i think... But dont take my word for it.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

It's even more varied.. approx 25 -> 33 seconds by my observations.

You need some clever triggers to fake a tick timer now, even then.. What you get is a TICK warning at say.. 23 seconds, you could be waiting up to 10 seconds for a true tick...

It's good to have don't get me wrong, but it's not amazingly good either...

For more discussion see the Scripts forum at:
www.invokation.net

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject:

Ticks vary randomly between 25 and 35 seconds.

0 0 0
ryokan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject:

a good way to learn the ticks is too watch your health in battle and you begin too aticipate the next gain, thus you can flee and sleep. i think the rounds in battle may even be set too a tick so that after a certain number of turns you will know how long youve been in the tick and have an idea of when the next is. i hope this information is usefull.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

The only reliable way of knowing when ticks have passed is using triggers to detect increases in mana/mv, which is pretty difficult to figure out (even if you know how to script well in zmud) so I doubt you'll get much help with that.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

There are a lot of factors that can affect your hp/mana detection. The best way is to come up with 9 or more combinations of detection which can detect increments of your hp/ma/mv by pairing them up.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I find the best way is to , now mind you I am speaking for myself., for me the best way is to get killed before the tick happens , that way you never really have to worry about ticks.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

I found it is different every area i move into, so I have to set it each time... kinda boreing doing it each time but I set it to 30 secs and that works good...

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

beia wrote:
I found it is different every area i move into, so I have to set it each time... kinda boreing doing it each time but I set it to 30 secs and that works good...
Haha, dude, think about it.. Ticks are the same for EVERY character on the MUD, a tick doesn't care about you, or about which area you're in...

I posted a zMUD basic tick trigger before, but the post got deleted, I think, so obviously it's a no go to post scripts here..

Sorry admins, I didn't realise it was against policy.....

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Stephen2_Aust wrote:
beia wrote:
Haha, dude, think about it.. Ticks are the same for EVERY character on the MUD, a tick doesn't care about you, or about which area you're in...

I posted a zMUD basic tick trigger before, but the post got deleted, I think, so obviously it's a no go to post scripts here..

Sorry admins, I didn't realise it was against policy.....

Then maybe i am just way off Razz i get different tics each time... well.. dang.. I will keep trying till i find a good precise time..

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject:

Actually in my opinion counting rounds is more reliable than trying to count seconds...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Actually in my opinion counting rounds is more reliable than trying to count seconds...
What if you're not fighting for a whole tick? That's a long time to be staying in a fight, most fights won't be fighting for a tick, before someone breaks...

Useless.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: