Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Cabals and Applicable Classes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Accident-Prone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Cabals and Applicable Classes

I was just browsing the helpfiles for Cabals on the website today at work and was just wondering if all of these files were current. Like I noticed that Bards are able to be Justices?? Shocked Interesting but never seen one. Another I noticed a Healer Knight which, according to the file, Healers are not able to be Knights.

So I guess what would be nice is an updated help file that states all the classes that can join particular cabals.

Thanks.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Bards can't be justices anymore.
Everything last I knew was allowed in Knights.. thief, ninja(they lose assassinate) illusionist.. I think everything.
Dunno what else you wanted to know and don't quote me on anything I ever say.

0 0 0
Accident-Prone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject:

If this is true, looking at you Groq, does Legion get access to all the classes also? Balance issues in question here. And what about Justice?

What would help I guess is a list of what classes can apply to each cabal.

Thanks.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Both Legion and Knights get everything they can I'm pretty sure.
Justice gets.. 4) Allowed classes: warrior, shaman, dark-knight, invoker, necromancer.
You can also be a mystic now but I have no idea about them.. helpfile should be up to date seeing as how they just a few months ago came back.

0 0 0
Accident-Prone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Groq, if I can trust what you are saying.... Confused

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject:

Cabals tend to exhabarate underlying balance problems, leads to bitching about the cabal powers/OOC usually, but 99% of the time its the class/race causing a problem, directly or otherwise. So there have been restrictions from cabals to help avoid that. Right now we're at a point where Justice is the cabal doing roleplay-based restrictions (i.e. unlawful ninjas, illusionists can't be lawful now either.. rangers are rural.. blah blah) ... whereas Legion and Knights are pk-oriented cabals so its important for them to have corresponding classes available. For example, it'd be great to just rule ninjas out of Knights for lack of honor reasons and all, but that's the only class that can join Knights and pose a threat via mals. Its the same thing with healer Knights. As fair as it is to get on the high horse and say, hey healers are all about preserving life not taking it, sorry! Shamans would have (and have had) an absolute field day due to that. I think people realise this now, in the past we were too idealogical about it and a little too anal retentive about the actual RP itself. Ninjas are what keeps guys like Rolf and Taere more honest, since they can't just go full-damroll then, and be allied with the only other players that'll counter their saves. Classes would have to change in order for those cabals to recieve restrictions at this point. So that's why the classes are more open with Knights and Legions. As for the wrong helpfiles, no clue.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: