Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Who is in the Military?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What branch are you in?
United States Air Force (Oh ya!!)
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
army
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
navy
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
coast guard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

The Drifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Who is in the Military?

I joined the USAF (United States Air Force). I am loving it.

The Air Force people will remember this jody.

Everywhere we go-o
people want to know-o
who we are-r
so we tell them:
we're not the navy
the deck-swabbin' navy
we're not the army
the ground poundin' army
we're not the marine corps
the jar-head marine corps
we are the air force
the mighty, mighty air force
we are the air force
the high flying air force

I am in Brooks city base anyone here too?

0 0 0
ib3ndt1m3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject:

Does JROTC with plans to enlist count enough for a vote?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject:

Voting for yourself four times doesn't make the Air Farce any better.

Laughing

Join a real service. Everyone knows the Navy has better pilots, better special forces (SEALS), better ground combat ops (SeaBees), and better ships. So, Navy, you see, takes all the great stuff about all of the other services, and puts them, as elites, into one special location.

The Marines tried to be Navy, so we let them into our 'department', because after all, they can be pretty hard core, they just lack the ability to think for themselves.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I'll give you most of that. Personally if I were gonna be a pilot I would go Navy and if I wanted to be spec ops, I'd go Navy, but....

Air Force only deploys 4 months out of every 20 leaving us 16 months to kick it at our posh country club like bases with good golf, good food, etc. etc. etc.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject:

I have been looking into AFA and Naval Academy, and I will be a pilot. So now, the question is, to all your current and past service men, which should I choose? Argue away!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Saying you 'will be a pilot' won't cut it in either academy.

Pilots are chosen from a very small pool of people. People with exceptionally high grades, exceptional eyesight, and exceptional military standing. No one is guaranteed anything when they join the military.

That being said, if you want to fly, the Navy generally has more pilot slots open. But it's more a matter of *what* you want to fly. The Navy has a large collection of F-14 Tomcats, FA-18 Hornets, A-6 Intruders, EA-6B Predators, E-2 Hawkeyes, V-22 Ospreys, and an assortment of Helos.

The Air Force has the old standard B-52's, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, F-117A Nighthawks, A-10 Thunderbolts (Warthogs), C-130/C-5/KC-135 cargo/transport aircraft, etc.

Navy is all sea based, so you'll be taking off and landing on carriers. Air Force is ground based, so the landings and takeoffs are easier.

So, just some food for thought.

0 0 0
Zireph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject:

Air force in general will treat you better, going off of wages, Comfortableness, and overall chow. But the Navy is definately a lil more slacked when it comes to their pilots due to the amount of things they have available for you to learn how to fly. The air force is very very very picky on what you need to have before you can fly. Which definately includes that eyesight like andur said.

I would go airforce. You are sure to get paid better, if anything.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Hate to tell you this, but Air Force officers (including pilots) make the exact same as Navy officers/pilots. Flight pay for the two is identical as is the base pay. The only differences will arise in your housing allowance (if you chose to live off base) and that depends solely upon your location. Also Navy personel get sea pay while they are deployed, although I'm not sure if pilots get that or not since they already get flight pay.

Also, the Navy no longer flies the A-6. Their carrier based aircraft include the F-14, F-18, EA-6B, E-2C, the COD (mail and transport aircraft), and various different helicopters.

Air Force flies the F-16, F-15, F-22s are just now coming into service, B-1, B-2, F-117, B-52, C-5, C-17, C-130, C-141 (mostly phased out now), E-3 AWACS, E-8 JSTARS, a couple different tankers, U-2 Spy plane, and a few different helicopters.

There are more aircraft in both services, but these are the main ones. Also, like someone else said, you don't go into ROTC or the Academy only thinking you're gonna be a pilot. It's a highly competetive process with all kinds of different things taken into account. One suggestion though that will help bump your rating up when you go to compete for a pilot slot is to already have your PPL (Private Pilot's License). Up to a certain number of hours that you have logged in the air will be included in your rating score and increase your chances of getting a slot. Other than that, do well on your PT tests, keep AT LEAST a 3.0 GPA (preferrably higher), and majoring in something like engineering or science field will look a little better. Let me know if you've got any more questions. I commission in the USAF in December, so I'm pretty current on the whole process.

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:

There are some A-6 pilots at NAS here that would be very surprised to hear that the Navy has put them out of a job. Laughing

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Andur wrote:
There are some A-6 pilots at NAS here that would be very surprised to hear that the Navy has put them out of a job. Laughing

Are they A-6 or EA-6B pilots? My older brother is stationed on the USS Enterprise and coming from him, the A-6 is no longer used as an everyday aircraft with the EA-6B being the only version that is still used. I'm sure it's entirely possible they still use em for training, but I was talking about active carrier aircraft. <shrug>

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject:

Having it not be used as an "everyday aircraft" doesn't mean it's been decommed.

They still fly regularly, but many are being upgraded to the EA-6B Prowler, which is just an A-6 with better avionics and stealth applique.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Who are these other two navy guys? This poll was posted in the middle of my deployment..

btw, the actual lyrics are..

Everywhere we go-o
people want to know-o
who we are-r
so we tell them:
we're not the army
the fudge packin' army
we're not the marines
they're just drag queens
we're not the air force
always on the golf course
we are the navy
might mighty navy
blue and gold navy
submarine navy

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Fuck all you aircraft fags. If you want to be really bad-ass you'll make your navy pay 1000 feet beneath the waves. Fucking fags. <drunk>

0 0 0
zifnab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Marines

I was in the corps for four years. Very tough buisiness so I did my four and got the hell out honorably (didnt get caught....hehe). Only affordable way to travel the world at the time.

0 0 0
Krakknot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I know this is kind of an old post, but I just saw it and I thought I'd give a shout out to any army guys/gals here at AR. I think its funny to listen to different services bad mouth one another. Some are just being funny, but some actually believe what they say. We all have different jobs and we all contribute in our own ways. Just remember that we are all service members and we all serve the same team.

Now let me hear some more funny cadance.

0 0 0
arkane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject:

We all know the Marines are the toughest.

The army, navy and air force take who they can get. The Marine Corps will never be that way!

Semper FI bitches.......

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject:

Stop lossed in the army, my ETS was going to be march 18, 2008, but now it looks more like july 2009ish. I hate the army, but I look impressive with all my combat ribbons and badges.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject:

Poo for leaving out USMC. Jeebus am I glad to be out of there.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: