Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Ranger Pets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Ranger Pets

Personally, I think the Ranger class is almost perfect expect for the pets aspect.

Why was the decision made to place Beast Call on other abilities? It's so annoying as a ranger that you really don't want to bother most of the time.

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

My first character was a ranger, and I really liked how interesting beast call was. I thought it was so much cooler than if it was just 'call beast' or whatever. Then again, that was also when I thought it was cool to wear leather armor instead of mithril/wood because in my head, rangers were supposed to wear leather. I'd still argue that it's cooler this way though.

And practically speaking, it's really not that hard to get boar+wolf or falcon + boar. Getting a falcon and a boar takes all of, like, two ticks under the right conditions.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Its so much additional new hassle to butcher a rabbit for a boar, gain a wolf from just warcrying in the woods, and get a free falcon because somebody entered your area - oh wait, you just wanted the strongest pets right away didnt you. I think its pretty clear what this post is about Mendek.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:

Actually no, and I haven't played in a good long time now. I was just thinking on it. You don't get a boar 'just' for butchering a rabbit. Sometimes it takes 2-3. You don't 'just' get a boar for using warcry in the woods. You need to get to some woods and 'hope' that a wolf shows up. If you're sitting in town, or fighting in town, you have to run with warcry for a while until things take you that direction. They're also completely useless for cabal fights since those are in/around cities too.

And I know you really don't give a shit, Dav. No need to remind me.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject:

Ranger pets are easy peasy to get, and even if you don't have them you get can them in battle (bear, panther, along with usual falcon and so on) just from fighting in your preferred areas with common events (just being there - falcon, murdering - panther, taking damage - bear, getting food - boar, warcry - wolf, yadda yadda).

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject:

If you have beast call to any decent level you'll get a boar almost every time you successfully butcher a corpse. Plus butcher doesn't have any cool down. It's called prep. Think of it this way, you have it way easier than both the major pet classes, both necromancers and illusionists. Permanent pets that are quick to get and match your level.

Quote:
They're also completely useless for cabal fights since those are in/around cities too.

Darkhaven and Valour have forests attached to them.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject:

Mendek wrote:
Actually no, and I haven't played in a good long time now. I was just thinking on it. You don't get a boar 'just' for butchering a rabbit. Sometimes it takes 2-3. You don't 'just' get a boar for using warcry in the woods. You need to get to some woods and 'hope' that a wolf shows up. If you're sitting in town, or fighting in town, you have to run with warcry for a while until things take you that direction. They're also completely useless for cabal fights since those are in/around cities too.

...........................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Mendek wrote:

...........................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

and that is the reason why i named my ipod after you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
arkane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Holy crap Dav! how long did it take you to make that? (Assuming that you made that of course)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject:

No, I didn't make it. Although I am sorely tempted to make it my sig. I'd be able to post blank and yet meaningful replies to all the topics on the forum. Plus, even if I did write something, it'd still be applicable.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: