Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 19 hours.

Weapon Type

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Weapon Type

Are dual wielded weapons affected by weapon type?
For example, if someone is wielding one weapon, and another person is using two. The person with one is using a shaft, and the person with two is using a blade, so superior, but their dual weapon is a segment... is it inferior, or does it not matter?

And if both people are dual wielding, and one person is superior with the primary but inferior with dual against primary, or dual against dual... is it affected?

Do you understand what I'm trying to ask?

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject:

It works the way you'd think it would work, that is, weapon type advantage is checked separately for both weapons. So let's take your first example. All primary attacks with the blade are with superior type so you'll get the weapon advantage overcomes his/her parry attempt or whatever, while your offhand attacks will be with inferior type.

I'm not sure about defending with dual wield, but my guess is that it works the same way. So if you're inferior in your offhand versus their primary, then your offhand parry will be disadvantaged against their primary weapons, and if your offhand is superior versus their offhand weapon, your offhand parry will be advantaged against their offhand attacks. Sorry, this part was a little more difficult to explain and it doesn't help that I'm not sure about it.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject:

I'd always assumed, and I believe its probably correct, that dual wielding does have the same effects as anything single wielded.

interesting point to note, it takes an advantaged weapon type to make disarm work a whole lot better, and it takes dual wield to make disarm a whole lot better. so if someone switches to a 2 hand weapon like a polearm to overhead you, disarm them with a sword in the main hand, and if you dont have dual parry, any weapon with high offense power or a special ability is good in the off hand.

but back to the original question, other than the basic weapon specific changes like axe for shield and spear for dodge, if you dual wield a weapon inferior to their main weapon, they will probably be able to parry it better.

for defense, I guess it goes
enemy main to your main, enemy off to your main.
and for offense its the opposite, or rather the same but for your enemy.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: