Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 14 hours.

where to hunt next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: where to hunt next

My drow dark-knight (31st rank) is having a hard time hunting solo these days. Emerald was the most logical hunting ground up until now, but now dryads are worth next to no xp, and nymphs are worth less than the trouble of killing them is. His ac is what I think relatively good so i don't know why the nymphs are chewing him up so bad.

Is there any recommendations for solo hunting areas for dark-walkers in this position?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Solo is not recommended above 30, but if I were you, I'd go rank in the lightwalker's areas. All their stuff has cake vulns. It wouldnt be terribly fast exp but much faster than anything else you can get.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject:

You might try the forest warriors in the Forest of Illusion. They have a vuln, but I can't think of what it is right now.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject:

No they don't.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Solo is not recommended above 30...

This is interesting. Has anyone brought this up before: with the low player base that I see being talked about in the forums, it seems like one idea for player retention would be making soloing easier. Lately I've been logging on, typing [who gr], seeing the list empty, and logging off. Using my nymph example, if I could solo nymphs and make more xp, or, the same amount of xp but not have them chew me up so badly, I'd happily play way more.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject:

Or you could just get a friend to play instead of expecting handouts.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject:

Expecting handouts? Dude I was making a suggestion. Maybe your player base is so low because the admins are cranky.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject:

I think the main point is that up until 30 solo ranking is fine but after 30 it gets increasingly difficult and slow. It IS possible of course but it will take you a looooong time... The best advice is to keep soloing but always be on the look out for at least one person to join you (with a pet).

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject:

I'm getting the impression that you just want to meet your benchmarks and aren't interested in the experience in between them. The levelling gets purposefully harder to weed people out.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Ok that's a good point. I'm new here remember Wink

0 0 0
Wholesale Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject:

What do you mean by weeding people out? Why would you want to do that besides for cabals?

0 0 0
Blarg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I think he means it's not supposed to be easy to rank to 50.
Grant me the power!

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject:

My vampire ranked from 49 to 50 almost totally solo. And I did it without guild bonus and almost never during surges, because usually other people that want to kill you are on during the surges and vamps don't have a guildhall in Seringale. So solo ranking is always possible. Unless with some mages maybe.

But solo ranking does get siginifficantly more difficult after 30 and a real pain after 40. Forest of illusion and emerald are the most common ranking spots during those ranges, but if you are solo ranking it is possible that there are better spots which are not considered by groups because there aren't many mobs of that sort. you can try using areas command and check levels on areas and look for other spots while you are waiting for your guild bonus to return.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, soloing is a real pain and I luckily haven't had to do it past 30 yet, but even grouping with one person provides a real bonus to the experience gained, so as Dav said, if you can convince just one of your friends to play, the ranking will be so much easier.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject:

Levelling to 50 has never been easy. Right now it looks hard because of low numbers but at an earlier time it was hard because more players would want to pk you. Literally they would summon you from your group and attempt to mobdeath you with plague. As a matter of fact levelling is a LOT easier than it has ever been because of that. I see rage deleted level 40's all the time that I've never even heard of. You can just get one groupmate - just one - and buy a merc, and you have full exp for levelling. And you can replace that merc with a real player at any time. But as for soloing.. not alll bad because you get to master skills or something.. youre not sharing loot. Just find ways to make your time more productive. For instance if you do tasks a lot of them may lead you to kill mobs that are exp anyway., so you make alot of gold and then you can go gamble with it. That is the sort of thing a "soloer" should be taking advantage of. Not begging us for triple exp points.. use the time better instead.

0 0 0
Craginoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject:

i would like to see davairus back up the shit he talks

let's see you do it if it's so easy

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I heard Chuck Norris once solo ranked an illithid to pinnacle without using potions or surges.

0 0 0
Blarg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject:

It wasn't long ago everyone who pinnacled got there without potions or surges or pets or guild rewards or experience granting quests

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Craginoth if I was playing I'd already be at level 50, camping your login time with a duergar shaman, or maybe a thief to strip your rares that way, if you're the run/quit out type. I don't even know who you are, but I can already tell that I wouldnt like you.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject:

Godamn I wish AR was still a pk fest. The only thing harder than finding someone to rank with is finding someone to fight with. The best thing in the game is when you find people with whom you do both along with some good banter. This is my plea to everyone playing AR: don't be a ranker or a PKer or an RPer - be all of them all the time and have some fucking fun.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: