Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

How did you find out about AR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How did you learn about AR?
Advertisements - Banners on Topmudsites, Mudconnector, etc
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mud Reviews - From the Mudconnector, etc
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Word of Mouth - A friend told me about a cool game (or forced me to try it)
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
Some stranger phoned me and told me to go to the homepage (cough Ergorion)
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Other - Please explain in a post
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: How did you find out about AR?

What brought you here?

I bet Dav is right and it's going to be 95% word of mouth.

0 0 0
zifnab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: what brought me here?

Word of mouth. My brothers played alot longer than me and introduced me too it about two years ago. I've been playing on and off since when I have time. Always been a fan of D and D and used to play magic the gathering in my younger days before mud so it naturally fit me. Nowadays its just mud or xbox.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject:

google.

Ninja

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject:

Friends and then eventually it slowly started to rot my brain, and I infected two of my brothers with it.....Sad Sorry Zifnab, it's a habit hard to shake. Lol It's so fun, though!

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject:

When i first logged into AR, ever, it was at the brawl day. I was going thru muds on mudconnector (I got banned from the previous mud, i wonder why...). So i played a bit, but then stopped playing for a while.

Then a year later, Shughurd and i met irl, he was playing AR and re-introduced it to me again. So yeah, mudconnector/wof = ftw!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject:

I think that mud reviews are a way to attract more quality players, but they should expect to find a high quality game and playerbase, which we fall short of a bit. There are other muds as quality as AR with gradually declining/worse pbases, they'll stick it out for a while ..but its all founded on two principles. 1) the review posted is written well and highlights the qualities that make it worth playing, with some minor cons thrown in to make it appear balanced but not really. & 2) they don't get a terrible experience on their first day. Only people good at writing should be posting reviews.

Voting is different , while it doesnt immediately bring in players per se, it builds name recognition and helps make the illusion that the mud is relevant. This is an activity where it takes a whole community (not a few) to make anyone's efforts really matter. So, everyone should vote.

All that said its obvious that word of mouth is going to be the main recruitment method.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't know.. when I was looking for a mud I went to one of those ladders, started at number one and just kept working my way down through the descriptions until I found a PK mud that wasn't too fruity (they all had rp so I just had to roll with that). Tried this for whatever reason, but it was also somewhere up there. From memory I'd guess somewhere between 7 and 18 or so.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Google.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject:

A friend told my brother who told me...I'm the only one in my group of friends who still plays. If I can just get that group of people to play again that would be five more added to the pbase bank. But then again their idea of fun was ranking up to fifteen staying there, training and pking each other...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject:

Vote: Other

I started out playin these rpg type browser games where you would navigate to where you wanted to go with clickable arrows and I wanted to try something faster paced. So I floated around a little, and came across a text game and I liked it (was it called Avalon?) but it turns out you only get like 30 hrs free then you have to pay, and that pissed me off so I left (cuz I'm not paying to play a text game) and magically landed on AR on my next try (one of those MMORPG list sites but I never start at the very top anyway cuz the numbers are just inflated)

I lucked out, this was my second text mud and I've been hooked ever since.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Mudconnector.. I started playing muds when I was 12, cause one of my older brothers played quite a bit. I followed in his footsteps and started playing as well, on the mud he helped build. Eventually I started to dislike that mud and wanted to find one I enjoyed. Being your typical 12/13 year old I found the mudconnector.com and started at A.

0 0 0
Garion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Word of mouth. A friend who no longer plays showed me it in school.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: