Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 2 hours.

Contracts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craginoth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Contracts

So I've collected three contracts thus far and found that they are all being deposited into the Legion cabal bank. I was reading the helpfile on it and noticed that it said this:

Quote:
The Legions are brutal and allow nothing to interfere with the slaying of their enemies, and non-Legionnaire citizens of Darkhaven can also collect contracts for the cash reward.

So why does the gold not go directly to my bank account if I am from Darkhaven and a non-Legionnaire? I don't understand this idea at all and don't see the point of even wanting to fight a contracted person since I don't want to help Legion nor am I getting any of the gold for my work..

Could someone explain this too me please?

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Once upon a time, long, long ago. Over the seven seas and lands, there used to be a way to make profit by killing contracted people as non-legion DH resident. Then not so long ago, maybe 5 months maximum, someone vicious and greedy, very fond of Legions changed it so that the poor residents wll always stay poor.

No idea of what the reason would be, i bet Dav has a "good" explanation of why it should be so.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject:

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it's because you used to be in Legion, and there's a little line of code somewhere in there that needs to be changed, or perhaps it's working as intended and you're sort of "Paying off a debt" that Legion feels you owe.

:shrug:

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Nope, all my DH chars have also got their contract-cash transferred to Legion's bank, and Tyrdeth is not the first one complaining. Nothing to do with being an ex-Legion or whatever.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject:

I'm not feeling too motivated to look into it much because my gut feeling on this is you should be in Legion to be able to collect contracts.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject:

Well, when i played Meliza, duergi shaman, no-legion, Darkhaven resident, i coulda collected all contracts for personal bank, other chars as well. Then Worzle once told that contracts used to go to his bank, but then they started going to Legion's bank. So someone changed it.

0 0 0
Craginoth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Then why be from Darkhaven? I thought the general idea was so that you could basically be an Assassin but without the skills, and what if your roleplay is completely against Legion, yet everytime you kill a contract (whether they attack you are not) Legion benefits from it. I think you should have a choice. I say if you are protected then contracts go to Legion bank, and if you aren't then the contract is collected to personal bank.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject:

Used to be like that, but they changed it. So there must be a reason for it.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't see the problem.
Contract is firstly legion thing. Also if you have protection, and I believe you need to have protection to be able to see contracts it puts you... well how to put it... directly under hem of Legion's skirt.
Reasons to be Darkhaven citizen would be, ability to join legion, rather remote recall spot and well... some people like the slummin. And while we are at it... what are exactly the overwhelming benefits of Timaran, Valor or Seringale home recall(take into account that Seringale while best positioned is a newbie starting town). I think this might be a case of having your cake and eating it too. Wish cash from contracts, join up.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject:

You don't have to be protected to see tracts, any DH resident can do it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject:

I gotta say the whole system looks like a load of balls to explain. Theoretically anyone can collect a contract the way things setup now, its just a matter of changing a line of code, and rambling some more nonsense in a helpfile which everyone then swallows down with a w/e. But in essence its like this... if you were doing this in the "real world", you would go out and hire a professional assassin to kill your target, and if he dies, he isn't gonna be alive to refund your money. That's what contracting does. It puts a professional assassin on your victim's tail. "general rabble of darkhaven" does not qualify. Wild Wild West style bounty killing is more up Justices street with actual bounties. The advantage of having it setup this way is it allows applicants to build their score on the board, the reward is so small its pretty meaningless anyway.

0 0 0
Craginoth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject:

While I see your point, the small sum can add up just like any other. The average cost per kill was about 25k, so multiplied by three you get 75k. That's a pretty large sum, especially for my char who is constantly running out of money even though I use guild reward to farm gold and task. I thought contracts also had the attitude of "whoever collects it first gets the loot" kind of attitude, and why not give non caballed more initiative to actually pk for gold instead of leaving it to the non-capable Legions?

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I've got a solution. Why not set up an actual mob that hoards the money in the legion cabal like the ancient keeper. That way a legion would have to come in and actually do something to collect the cash like getting the knights item walk back to keeper and say "give the gold now". Prior to the gold being taken, anyone can go raid Legion and initiate a "bank heist" on the contract money.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:

... meh.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject:

It's counter productive to have people who do not support Legion (people who do not buy protection) contribute money collected from contracts to Legion. The whole point of going cabal is to get cabal skills not to collect contracts. To say that anyone that has hometown darkhaven supports legion is not a legitimate statement - just because you have the same hometown does not mean you support their belief system. If this is the way you originally intended the contract scheme to function then I would recommend that people selecting Darkhaven as a hometown not be able to see contracted players and getting pked by non legion players not removing the contracted fla, basically reserving this option for Legion only members.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I see rp reasons for it. Legion funds contracts (protected death etc), legion benefits from them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: