Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 19 hours.

Thief vs Warrior

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Thief vs Warrior

I was wondering if this was a matchup that ever (more than 1 in 5 or 6) would result in a win for the thief? This would be when both shared the same rank. I have learned from people to use style advantage and, when applicable, vulnerabilities. My problem seems to be (this most applies to a giants) after my first blackjack attempt, which usually misses, what should I engage a warrior with after assuming I land a successful dirt kick? I have felt the wrath of counter and I trip seems to be a waste many times due to the size difference (giants again). Any tips would be fantastic. I assume the answer is it will come down to luck but I was just wondering if there was something I was missing on my part (highly probable).

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject:

Blackjack has a very high success rate. If you're calm and at the same rank you're definately odds-on to succeed; adrenaline hurts it a bit but isn't as catastophic as you might think. So this is the news that you didn't want to hear: You REALLY want to blackjack any decent warriors, even if it takes two or three attempts (I wouldn't bother waiting off the adrenaline; just plug away at it.)

Steal their weapons/shields to the point where they can't achieve combat advantage, then hammer them with your weapon type skills. Alternatively, backstab FTW.

It kind of sucks that you HAVE to blackjack a competant warrior, but it is just one class. Thieves own just about everything else.

As for engaging during a skirmish, well, counter is a problem. Obviously you can't backstab a standing warrior, but I'd still murder more often than dirt.

And, finaly; most warriors (pre 50) really suck. Here you can just sort out style/type advantage before the fight and own them with dirt kick and/or weapon type skills. (Anti cyclops elixir FTW!)

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I didn't read anything what was written before so i dunno if i'm repeating someone.
BUUUUUT, remember, you're the ROUEG so you have BLAKCJAKC and you has STAEL! Don't bother with PYR because it has too big of a failure chance unless it is mastered and stuff. What you wanna do, is to SETAL any WAEPUN from the warriors inventory which he can use to overcome your favorite combat advantage. eg. if you like being defensive with dagger wielded for shadowstep, just blackjack/steal every weapon and leave him with a twohanded/onehanded blunt. Remember to use your high-dex dirt to your advantage in fight and just beat the hell out of him.

I dunno, but when i played any thief, warriors were cake, because you always had the advantage of the first strike and you just kept blackjacking/running until you had your advantage!

On a final note: USE YOUR BRAIN! That's what makes us different from animals and pip, ability to think!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: