Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Items from Keepers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Items from Keepers

So, it seems to me that a non-Keeper character would have a disincentive to fight a Keeper--if you die, you lose your nice EQ, but if you kill the Keeper, you don't get any nice EQ out of it. I understand the sentiment that there is more to fighting in AR than EQ, and that is true to some extent, but EQ is definitely a large part of PK'ing.
As I understand it (and I may very well be wrong), the Keeper of Artifacts currently gets rares that have bee sacc'd, and people can take him out to get rare items. Why not extend that a bit, and have each person who kills a Keeper be entitled to one rare item from the Keeper of Artifacts without fighting it? The item would be given randomly based on what the Keeper of Artifacts currently held, so it could very well be crap, or it could be extremely powerful. This would at least give a bit more of an incentive for EQ-focused people to fight Keepers, or be willing to stay in battle with Keepers longer.
A couple possible variations: We could have the number of rare items given out for a kill dependent on the skill/level of the Keeper killed. Thus, if you take out someone at rank 40 who has no kills to his credit, you get one item; but if you take out the leader of Keepers, who has been racking up kills, you get three.
Also, we could have it so that you are only entitled to receive rares that the Keeper you kill has personally sacc'd. Thus, much like the other variation, there's less of a incentive to go after someone who hasn't done much, and more of an incentive to take down the big dogs.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

So you could multi kill a high rated pker Keeper and beat him like a rare pinata? Need to address multi killing. I don't like the idea personally, seems like this crowd would exploit it through OOC relationships.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject:

The solution is people stop being pussies and just fucking fight.

Just a little btw, this is just a game. Your pretty items are not real, so stop defending them like its your last hit of crack. People wonder why they continue to suck at this game, it's because you hide in your guild and log out any time your items are threatened. And this isn't directed to people actually trying, it's directed at those people that have been playing 3 times as long as I have but still get owned because they run for the hills at 60% health.

I play for fun, and not to chase a bunch of hoarders around for hours on end or watch Legions like Kus go ld while under cabal invasion so they don't lose their leet ranger lord's stetson.

This game would be a lot more fun without the rare item dynamic.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I can't agree with this idea. Keepers cannot mobilize against you outside of self defense if you don't use rares (outside of cabal balancing).

Also, the Keeper cabal isn't complete. There's a number of normal cabal things that they don't have access to, so you might as well change [KEEPER] to [PINATA]

These rares are taken away from the Keeper of Artifact during purge (so Keepers can't dominate rare seizure), and you can access them at anytime via invasion to take the Keeper. It's pretty easy as it is now. Let's say the Keeper had nimbus, ..it's incredibly easier to get it the way it is than going through Winter.

Keeper of the Artifacts makes it easier for you to get end game rares than having to work for them through Winter. (Not so fun for rare mithril but that's how it goes) So making this process even easier by killing a Keeper (who gains nothing from killing you, and gets looted if he gets killed anyway) just makes no sense to me, from an inside perspective.

Keepers don't hunt rare items for capture so I can't really see any excessive complaints against the Keeper (and "the people" complained and nuked the one skill Keepers have so I >reaallyy< can't see complaints to Keeper). We could start doing that, and I could see your point become more valid, but we don't and I don't think we should.

The problem is we're an impacting organization in the realms but we're actually subpar when it comes to cabal status, so I imagine it frustrates the Imms to balance that out so that we can be a complete cabal without the [sarcasm] total pwnage [/sarcasm] that would come of it if people can't deal with how Keepers are now.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Objection sustained.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject:

The Keepers being an undesirable nuisance for guys wearing more rares than most of the playerbase was an intended result actually. Furthermore, we are not looking to provide any incentives for you to kill them off. They're an equalizing force of balance, not another path to a reward. Having the pk on the old record is all the reward needed.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Most of the Keepers are really good fighters. if you want to avoid them when one of them says hand over rares or whatever they say just remove them and you wont be a danger. of course they might attack you anyways.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject:

That doesn't work, we have them hand them over usually. Unless it's the first time being a danger. You get caught abusing it usually because they log back in to see you a danger again. Then it just makes them mad.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject:

Is it going to be changed so that inventory rares count too? That makes a lot of sense...

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject:

rabidgecko wrote:
Is it going to be changed so that inventory rares count too? That makes a lot of sense...

Who said that? Keepers just have you get rid of them in person as to stop the inventory loophole as supposed to having the solution coded in. Every issue can't be hardcoded in.. as it would likely just expose something else that Keepers beg to have coded, and so on, and so on. That simple method takes care of it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: