Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Something to ponder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject:

Haha fan club mascot. Makes me think of that retarded monkey I made.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject:

Rem wrote:
I think Dav is right.

Besides, the boy is busy flipping burgers at McDonalds and would rather come home and play w0w instead of code for a failing game. Like he said:

Quote:
The state the mud is presently in is much different than it was a couple years ago, because of all the work we've done on it -Dav

And you know Dav's ideas are always right cause he said it himself:

Quote:
The proof that this idea is dog shit lies in the fact that flies are crowding around it (Rem, Makhan) -Dav

Way to pull different quotes from different threads idiot. The dog shit idea would be Streihl29 if I recall.

Havent they deported you yet?

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
the draw of becoming a vamp has kept me here for 10+ years

Don`t give up. We have had some VERY shitty vamps lately (only good ones were Sethanon, Verotices and Virion). Current vampires have an advantage over the old ones (they can see rooms, i.e.: indoor, outside, city, etc;) but also have the ranking disadvantage of having to be protected to rank with legion.....overall......fair tradeoff.

Davairus we love you. Well, I love you. I think of you as family. I wish I still talked to you but I don`t. All I can say is that the day you give up on the Abandoned Realms...well....that`s going to be a very, very sad day and I hope that it never comes about. It really sucks to see you say more negative things than positive things.

That being said, I hope someday you will make another mortal char so you can see what is fun about this game. You can`t have fun if you are always the one being bitched and complained to. You have the most fun when you are on the other side of the fence, killing the whiners and complainers with the exact same combo people are saying sucks.

Those of you (me included) players out there, don`t you for one second believe it when someone says `you can`t make a difference`. This game is based around YOUR ROLE in Thera. As long as we have mortal leaders of cabals or an immortal who gives a shit (that is capable of inducting or promoting into cabals), this game will thrive. The draw of it is that you actually CAN play a role in the game. Whether you are an evil bastard who kills everyone, or a noble Knight who has the respect and adoration of all, your role in this game is very important and it shapes the balance of the realms.

In short, keep the ideas coming, keep the criticism constructive, and like your mother hopefully told you, ``if you don`t have anything nice to say, don```t say anything at all``.

p.s. my backslash é and apostraphe, `` keys are totally fucked. I hate new keyboards.

p.p.s. This was a drunk post..

Last edited by Kalist19 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject:

And how.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
p.s. my backslash é and apostraphe, `` keys are totally fucked. I hate new keyboards.

if you use winxp you can change the language to EN on the taskbar - should make the keys work as a US keyboard even though they're labeled differently. or else you'll just have to learn a new config Smile

my contribution: i'll start auctioning off yay dav t shirts again Razz

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:
Rem wrote:
I think Dav is right.

Besides, the boy is busy flipping burgers at McDonalds and would rather come home and play w0w instead of code for a failing game. Like he said:

Quote:
The state the mud is presently in is much different than it was a couple years ago, because of all the work we've done on it -Dav

And you know Dav's ideas are always right cause he said it himself:

Quote:
The proof that this idea is dog shit lies in the fact that flies are crowding around it (Rem, Makhan) -Dav

Way to pull different quotes from different threads idiot. The dog shit idea would be Streihl29 if I recall.

Havent they deported you yet?

Res, I have never posted a "shitty" idea. A shitty idea is giving thieves hellstream, or making a mark of failure something that is beneficial. I basically asked questions, like why don't people play stone giants and how could that be rectified, or were there any other appropriate races other than human to be an evil ranger and if not, would the creation of a race similar to half-elf be available for evils that would simply allow for the playing of the "antithesis" professions (dark knight, ranger).

Conversely, I am not sure, Res, that you have said a single constructive thing on here. Unless you consider your incredibly mature avatar or your blatantly sexually inappropriate remarks as constructive. It's a bit ridiculous that I get flack for wondering if the game couldn't be made better with minor changes. I logged on last night at around 10:00 EST and there were 0 people in the realms, then for the heck of it I went into the admittedly worse, but much higher rank on the mud boards, muds and was greeted with 50 players, 30 players, numbers I didnt think existed in the mud world anymore with the creation of the XBox and MORPG's.

So, whatever, I just thought that Canadian genius needed a dose of reality on his current time contributions to the mud.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject:

if you're going for popularity points, don't rip on res. Evil or Very Mad

he contributes/has contributed more to AR than you ever will, like most of the immortals we've had. we just don't flaunt it in your faces.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4797&highlight= ?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Striehls like that one guy at work who's not okay with that's what she said jokes... I want to live in a world where I'd be able to let that slip in front of anyone... Resatimm interacts with a lot of mortals and helps to spice things up. http://www.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=3728[url] one of several examples. Reminding a player to follow the rules with a "I can still be cool, but look what'll happen to you if you disagree with me" attitude.[/url]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote
Quote:
if you're going for popularity points, don't rip on res.

he contributes/has contributed more to AR than you ever will, like most of the immortals we've had. we just don't flaunt it in your faces.

So by that statement there, does that mean he's the one to blame for a failed game?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject:

of course falling playerbase is entirely immortal-caused, it would have nothing to do with cheating/retarded immature players who love being obnoxious bastards to everybody regardless of how detrimental it is to others' playing experience Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject:

nerdragers-
cant help the way we is, yall.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
of course falling playerbase is entirely immortal-caused, it would have nothing to do with cheating/retarded immature players who love being obnoxious bastards to everybody regardless of how detrimental it is to others' playing experience Rolling Eyes

QFT. Especially as it applies to Rem.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
if you're going for popularity points, don't rip on res. :evil:

Did Stiehl ever say Resatimm doesn't contribute to the MUD? Not defending Stiehl, but this Imm solidarity goes to a certain point. That even if imms do suck or are in the wrong (and there is at least one imm I can point to that shouldn't have been promoted past cabal rank 1, much less made imm in AR) it will automatically turn into Imms vs Players.

Now please excuse me while I go put the herb in suburb.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject:

*points at self in confusion*

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject:

That would require you being in a cabal, Van Razz

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject:

i think hes talking about b00mslang

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject:

I wasnt taking a shot at you, Streil, you fucking idiot. I was pointing out where Rem quoted those lines from. You really are a fucking loser to not READ my fucking post and go completely off on a tangent and start talking about smegma.

As for being constructive on the forum, I leave that to other people and spend my time working on the fucking game you play.

As for Imm solidarity there is a time and place. Most of my critics make asshats out of themselves, saving me the NEED to respond. (although sometimes I respond for fun even though: Streil)

And finally, my avatar. You are just jealous you cant afford 'Happy Jack'. Hes a daddy mac.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject:

oh dear, now he has a name...

That'll teach me to read the forums before bed.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:
I wasnt taking a shot at you, Streil, you fucking idiot. I was pointing out where Rem quoted those lines from. You really are a fucking loser to not READ my fucking post and go completely off on a tangent and start talking about smegma.

Should have flurried

Oh and if I was talking about you Vanisse I would have said: a gnome abusing barmaid!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: