Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

More questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blindman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: More questions

Hello all,
1. Will ranger bow be like ranger arrows and decay after a certain time?
2. Why do ranger arrows decay anyways?
3. Why is solo exp so low? When I kill something and it says it looks like a difficult kill I usually only get like 120exp or so.
4. I have achieved the 22nd rank with my Half-Elf ranger. Iam good/neutral in alignment. Could someone give me a list of some eq I might want to be on the look out for.
Thanks,
Ilanthas/Greg

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: More questions

blindman wrote:
Hello all,
1. Will ranger bow be like ranger arrows and decay after a certain time?
2. Why do ranger arrows decay anyways?
3. Why is solo exp so low? When I kill something and it says it looks like a difficult kill I usually only get like 120exp or so.
4. I have achieved the 22nd rank with my Half-Elf ranger. Iam good/neutral in alignment. Could someone give me a list of some eq I might want to be on the look out for.
Thanks,
Ilanthas/Greg

1. Yes
2. They're foraged. You can buy arrows that last
3. 120xp. a kill solo is good.
4. invokation.net

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject:

actually 120 a kill solo is very low. i would recommend fighting the treants north of valour to ease you into butlers/oaken beast. get a fiery dagger/flaming longsword and go to town on them. i would recommend living wood in drkshtyre, mithril in old thalos or silver/golden armor in ofcol.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Cost benefit.

350exp every 5 minutes or 120 exp every 60-90 seconds.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject:

If you arent using a purchased pet or merc, then do so for the xp bonus. 120 xp solo is fairly horrible in the 20's. If he were saying 120 xp in the 40's I would agree with Erlwith.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject:

The pet or mercenary only adds a bonus to groups of two. It does nothing but help with damage if you're solo. Still good for the damage though.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
The pet or mercenary only adds a bonus to groups of two. It does nothing but help with damage if you're solo. Still good for the damage though.

Are you sure Erg? I solo a lot at lower levels and having a merc seems to make about a 70-120 xp per kill difference. I do also smoke a lot of weed at all levels so my perception could be a bit...foggy.

0 0 0
blindman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject:

Hello all,
The problem Iam having now is that Icant carry hardly anything with me. I tried to buy a spare set of arrows and it told me you cant carry that much weight. I am wearing a teeth necklace, firey cape, steel belt, a camouflage tarp, a living wood torso, two enchanted leather bracers, two silver signet rings, and the rest is mithril including my guardians shield. With that set of armor It seems to weigh an awful lot. For weapons I have a firey dagger, daisy strung short bow, and an adamantite mace. Are there containers out there that will let me carry more weight? With my firey dagger my hr is 16 and my dr is 14 and that seems really low to me.
Thanks,
Blindman/Greg

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Are you offsetting the minus strength from the teeth necklace with + strength items? Are your stats all maxxed (dex and str affect hitroll and damage roll)?

0 0 0
Kren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Did you train your stats in the begining you get double points. You want to max your strength and dexterity and constitution. There are posts on Maxroll you might consider checking out.

Certain items help with this. For example you can request silver plate of Ofcol to increase your strength and damroll. To see what the max attributes for a race is see help half-elf, gnome, etc.

If you are good aligned you gain the most experience killing monsters that are evil. Also if you are rank 22 or above you should use the monster potions and regeneration potions availible in Timmerian. The potions will allow you to not take far less damage as well as heal yourself in record time.

If you are carring a boat or raft they are heavy and should be replaced with the seashell ring.

0 0 0
blindman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Hello all,
So the teeth necklace is what is giving me my -1 strength. I have never seen the silverplate in offcol. I have seen Diana's platinum so Iwill have to go and look around some more. Where do you get the seashell ring? My str and con are maxed. My dex is maxed with equipment at the moment.
Thanks for the suggestions,
Blindman/Greg

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject:

The seashell ring is in the Tower of Sorcery, located west of town. Head west out west gate and at the colossal tree head south and west until you get to the shadow grove. In there is tricky. Basically you need to move around and scan until you see an emaciated adventurer. Once you see him head into the tower and then basically head all the way to the top. If you can find the grand mistress of magic at the top of the tower the seashell ring is north and west of her. The chameleon poncho (+2 dex) is there and in the backpack that loads there is the seashell ring. The ring doesnt need to be worn to give the benefit of a boat.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Greg, I think you should check out http://www.invokation.net. This is a community-run site for Abandonned Realms which has two very excellent features that I found to be (and still do) invaluable when I first started playing.

The first is the ID section. This is essentially a database of items in AR and their attributes. It is user-driven, so technically some of the info could be incorrect, but we all who use it do so for the betterment of the game and therefore try to keep it as accurate as possible. As an example of how it works, you could have gone there and entered the keyword 'seashell' without the quotes, and it would have displayed this info:

a seashell ring
Object 'ring seashell' is type boat, material seashell.
Extra flags: magic.
Weight is 2, value is 100, level is 0.
Affects mana by 15.
Casts create spring.
Mob: none- inside a leather backpack
Area: High Tower of Sorcery
Worn on: finger
Submitted by Esura, 1/29/08

Cool, eh?

The second really helpful part of invokation.net is the MAPS area. Some of the maps are out of date, or are for areas that don't exist inside the game anymore, but many many of the maps are 100% accuarate.

Give it a go and see what you think.

Cheers,
Iolo

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: