Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

Sleeping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wudst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Sleeping

If you stay awake too long, perhaps you pass out. I think this would really push backstabbing among groupmates more, if a groupmate falls asleep and is free to be spelled up (and if the bonus to attacking sleeping targets is imped (which should only be applied to warrior classes) then you can sit there and decide wether you want to take the free attacks/spells)

This could also be a ploy for running. Run around long enough, use those avian wings, and your opponent crashes. The tables have now turned, or you can get away.

This should also affect mana and health regen during the course of this sleep. I think like... 2 times more than usual sleep. But obviously you cant wake up, so this is a catch 22. But also would prevent someone from being totally fucked if they fell asleep with 1hp.

Scripting for training would be influenced, since passing out would totally fuck up their route.

0 0 0
Emilise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject:

A better idea would be to make your regeneration slow more the longer your awake, and make you actually lose shit after being awake too long, Ie mana and Movement. Sleeping for an hour here and there would perhaps give back a little bit of time on that. Maybe a you have to sleep at least 6 hours out of a 24 hour period to stay at normal, more will give you a slight grace period for the following day, less would make you need more the following day, ect.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject:

I don't like it, this would give too much of an advantage for stuff that HAS to sleep, ie vamps casters etc.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:

While it could have some interesting pk implications, I think it would mostly be realism for realism's sake. We already have to feed our characters, now regular sleep? It's a slippery slope to the point where we're typing "wipe arse" after deficating, and finding we've forgotten to buy toilet paper from Mundo again.

As for Emilise's suggestion: while it is reasonably well thought out, it would be a rather complicated and confusing game element in an environment that is already quite tough on the poor and criticaly endangered newbie.

I find it's easier to be on the side that shoots these ideas down; that side will normaly win in the end.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject:

I don't mind scripting for training, in the sense that if players are scripting something, its because they have gotten high enough level and experienced enough with both the game (to know what's best to script) and their mud clients to be able to do things like that. What I am opposed to is scripting afk and publically posted training scripts - that stuff should be figured out by players themselves.

As far as changes to that go, what I would be interested in are things which force players to pay attention to the game, since obviously that eliminates the afk'ing problem. Solo training is typically vulnerable anyway, so not worried about that, but there are lots of grouping situations where your groupmate is on dirt/sustenance triggers and isn't really watching. For that I have been considering ways to damage the group. Redirects would be the easiest way , but that isn't too appealing to me because of mages. A recent change I idi in this regard was making the fire giant soldiers rage, which has the subtle side affect of giving them an AOE attack when they berserk. It wears groups down, and with most heals going on the tank, theyre more suspectible to dying if the tank flees for whatever reason. Hurt groupmate is also more easy to backstab..

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject:

dav you sly devil

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject:

One of the biggest problems I have seen is death to pets. This is specific to the fire giants raging. It takes away the ability to rank with any ease in a low pbase situation, which for those of us who can only get on during low player times is kindof a pain in the ass.

To be honest I think afk ranking isn't as big a deal as all of that. The main deterant is pk. I never go afk beacause I know the one time I do is the one time I get killed.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject:

Rank on ettins, exact same level (obviously this is why the fire giants were the most used mob before) and closer to town thus don't require special tricks up their sleeve like that. You should have to go out in the boonies to fire giants or something else if there is serious competition for areas - meaning between people of different levels in the current state of game, which isn't a low pbase kind of issue. So no, it doesnt hurt a low pbase. In fact goods still have more and better area choices than evils at the moment.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject:

I agree with your reasoning and concede the point. However, I have a penchant for playing goodies.. soooo.. Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

I saw the banana and I missed him!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: