Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Rage Deletes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Rage Deletes

Would there be any benefit to the player base and cabal structure if you were not allowed to delete immediately after dying? People, I think, get caught up in the anger of dying and find it easier at that moment to just delete than deal with the blow to their ego. I dont know if people actually regret the rage delete or not. Just an idea that I am sure will get flamed.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject:

we could change it to something like denying the character for 3 days, then have it delete at the end of the month with the inactives, but i'm not going to remove the rage delete.... there's a masochistic sense of fun in them.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject:

What if you did a 2 day ban on the player's ip address...that might be amusingly masochistic.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject:

It's a game, no need to save people from themselves lol. Let 'em go, the rage delete emotes are kinda funny too. Ooh! How about you post their rage delete emote in the forum post too?

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Amdorin wrote:
It's a game, no need to save people from themselves lol. Let 'em go, the rage delete emotes are kinda funny too. Ooh! How about you post their rage delete emote in the forum post too?

That'd be cool. My favorite one so far is that ranger one... "wait, that's not the normal bear..." Laughing

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject:

Its not like it would be removing rage delete, but a chance to log back in and save your character after you've cooled off.... Where's the harm in it? I'm just thinking it'd take me ten minutes to code and put this deleting issue to bed for good. Rage delete postings would just have to wait until the end of the month, like the inactive ones. Really this is a ten minute task, satisfies me that we do enough about rage deletes too. Along with the rage deletes you get the Vertas-type "farewell post' also done in a bad mood, its kinda a bad jive.

0 0 0
Merindol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject:

You could just take delete out all together and just rely in the inactivity purge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Wait, there are rage delete messages if you are in the room with them?

I would LOVE to see some of those, I had no idea.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Just find me the next time I play, Res. I'm sure you'd get rage-emote to your hearts content.

Further, I know there's a no_delete flag, I've been on the receiving end of it. Why not just give players the option of flagging themselves no_delete. Naturally, it would have to be a one time thing, like no_yell for it to be effective, but at least half of the functionality is already available.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: