Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

Envenom (rogue) - just wondering..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject:

or just like that but I put a whole in your bag and you randomly drop things out of your bag to the ground ,,, If i busted your bag and you had to many items in your sack to fit in your inventory ,, does the extra fall to the ground? I know when I Get all sack ,,, i cant carry everything ,, hmmm this could be very nice
didnt there used to be a skill where your pocket was ripped open and you dropped coins every step? something like that but for your big ass gayfiregiant heavy bag ,
Might be on to something here

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Coins is cut purse. This idea is similar to that one except it makes the prey's container useless and not just coins drop but actual items.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Me Like

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject:

Who doesn't like poison? The only real problem is the atrocious lagtime. All it really needs is less time to apply it, and you could make it not broadcast the envenom action while applying it. Also, kicking (aside from dirt) doesn't really mesh with how you would expect a thief to fight

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject:

I think stomping makes more sense. Stomping with a poison boot tip blade on another person's foot and thus inducing a hobble like effect seems to make perfect sense! I've seen in the movies.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject:

bag busting thing is....interesting.

but if youre going to slit their bag open, we might as well have them drop out on the ground instead of inventory. that way if they flee off they want to actually do a 'get all sack' and deal with dropping crap they dont mind, while you try to catch up stealing what they're still hoarding

what about stealing a weapon when you disarm too. probably not automatic

more things involving poaching gear is fun to me, but i feel they wanted some thug-like violent shit like donkey punches

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject:

They shouldn't be thugs like Evermoor thieves. Those are a special breed....maybe a new Coterie for advanced thug like thieves?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

dirt + disarm + pilfer

I don't think that combo would work very easily, but if it did work, you would be well on your way to winning the fight. Especially if you had stolen all his other weapons.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

I can't honestly see that one. I'm sober again. If you disarm someone's weapon, it goes flying. You'd have to be pretty fucking great to grab it out of midair. I could maybe see it being a skill you get at pinnacle, though... Give something for thieves to look forward to. If you're a thief, you get to 40, then the only thing to drive you to 50 from 40 is... what? At 40 you can get most of the nice shiny items by blackjacking/prying things from people, there are no new skills after 40, you don't need the power of a 50 to kill, because you're there to steal (usually). At 50, the game gets much harder, too, for you to steal. People would know "Hey, this guy doesn't want to rank, he's a thief and he's pinnacle. If I see him, I'm ramming a hellstream down the bastard's throat." Maybe a stealing disarm thing would help provide incentive. (I think) I know what you're going to say... there's plenty of incentive or that it's only trash that doesn't push the rest of the way to 50 or something like that... I'm just throwing out ideas here and possible mindframes. Doesn't pilfer already do the disarm thing though? It's damn tough to pull off (I've almost never gotten it off successfully), but it is there....

Davairus wrote:
more things involving poaching gear is fun to me, but i feel they wanted some thug-like violent shit like donkey punches

Define "they"? I don't think thieves should go thug. That sounds more dark-knightish to me... kind of. If there was a cross-breed between thieves and dark-knights, that would probably be a gangbanging thug... don't look for that any time soon, though... it sounds stupid even to me.

Insom wrote:
They shouldn't be thugs like Evermoor thieves. Those are a special breed....maybe a new Coterie for advanced thug like thieves?
THIS, on the other hand, COULD be something interesting. I doubt you'll get a new coterie, but if you invented a gang in-game, I'd be willing to throw my character into it. Sounds cool and my character is already really close to being a thug. Spread word around Thera through notes that you forced the Heralds to write or be slain and stuff like that and I'll hear of it sooner or later.

The bag-busting really does sound like it has some potential... Fire giants can just pull a rem all, put all sack and (almost) nobody can loot them or steal from them. A bag-bust would help even that a little bit.

Anyways. Just my two cents.
Or five. Whatever.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject:

Well you guys thumbs down most ideas for rogues so I guess theyre ok.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Play less WoW.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't play WoW. Ever. Never have, never will.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah.. Baer sold his soul to Blizzard a long time ago. One of the first AR players to do so. So he clearly has a right to say that.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject:

what stat is the damage on kick dependent on?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject:

picpen wrote:
what stat is the damage on kick dependent on?

I'm not sure on this one. I remember a long time ago my halfling thief would do MASSACRES and MANGLES sometimes with kick. It seems to me that the damage got cut way back at some point, probably when the combat modules came in and things like sideswipe gave a free kick.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Some things I've noticed with kicks because I've played both halfling and fire giant warriors. So 17 str vs. 25. (I think it might be a combo of strength/size with a dex for accuracy component thrown in).

So, observations from the chars I've had. Halfling warriors do at most a wounds or injures with kick on an unsanced opponent. Even on opponents that don't have sanctuary, they sometimes land the kick, but the kick does 0 damage. Fire giant consistently get uppercase kicks. DISEMBOWELS and MUTILATES.

I think Dav had some think where he said that fire giants do more damage with kicks, but make up for it by landing kick less often. I haven't tested it out with using only the kick skill by itself, but with regards to sideswipe autokicks, this is definitely not the case. Fire giants land a ridiculous amounts of kicks. Also, it would take like seven to ten halfling kicks to make up for one giant kick, which seems ridiculous.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: