Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Mystic Wizards Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of the Wizard's Challenge?
Loved it!
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
It was okay, could have been better though.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
What was that pointless waste of time?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I just like clicking pointless buttons on polls. Whee!
71%
 71%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 21

Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Mystic Wizards Challenge

I'd like to get all participants' feedback for personal interest, when people start going through it. Feel free to post replies with any suggestions or comments! Please do not post any spoilers.

(Only respond if you have gone through it, obviously...kthxbye)

0 0 0
Nyub101
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse and Olyn, thank you for your efforts on this. This is definetly the first original idea I have seen in quite some time. Things like this will definetly make people frequent the realms more often, in my opinion.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I shouldn't put that 4th button up there (come on kids...Rolling Eyes)

Other than that, any feedback? I know a bunch of you have tried it out now (everyone with a 50 mage, I recommend you give it a shot Smile). I have been brainstorming something else targeted at a wider class range for those of you not so into spell riddle solving or people without pinnacled mage/clerics, and this should be accessible for 40-50 range rather than just 50s. However, it would be nice to know whether Olyn and I should devote time to brainteasers like this one in the future, or if it's not the type of event that is as appealing to our playerbase. (One or two people appreciating it is very nice but if our time would be better used at something more people would enjoy then by all means I am willing to do that.)

0 0 0
Nakachi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I tried it and liked it, made me scratch my head quite a few times, but then I got to the class specific area and the second one I needed to cast a certain spell, but I didn't take the time to learn it because I really never ever use it. And I didn't have any trains/practices left. Other then that it was pretty interesting and cleverly designed.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I was thinking that fourth option was going to cost ya.

I clicked it too. Confused

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject:

I'd let you know how it was but I don't have a pinnacled mage/cleric. Brain teasers seem alright. My only suggestion is open it to more classes.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject:

It's a restriction because it is a Mystic-run event, so it made sense to tailor specifically to mage classes. Next one I promise will be wider class range Smile

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject:

That fourth button's killing us. The feedback was all positive from the people that did the challenge while I was on anyway.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject:

Thanks Olyn and vanisse for all your hard work. I loved it, of course I still think it needs a few tweaks, but Im gonna have to send a note to dav about those.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Come on, that fourth button is like leaving George W. alone in a room with a big red button that says "LAUNCH NUKES".

The challenge was hard as hell, it hurt my feeble mind. I couldn't finish it either because I didn't practice all my spells and wasn't about to use my saved up practices just to complete it.

Had a lot of fun doing it though.

It was really cool in an 'OMG Hobern got farther than me?' kind of way.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Erm, you should be able to complete it. We avoided using things that people don't practice.

I know I shouldn't have put the 4th button but my innate goofy tendencies got the better of me Sad

0 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Haha. Oh Kalist... I got stuck on a few parts but, it was easier actually after the first parts. It was certainly enjoyable brain teasing.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject:

After talking with one of the Mystics about this event, I'd like to piggy-back on everyone's kudos to Vanisse and Olyn for this by extending a big thanks to the Mystics for their hard work in this challenge as well. Doesn't really look like the Mystics got any credit for this, which as I now understand it they rightly should.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: