Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Playerkilling Statistics for Dec 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kieros

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject:

take it from me tepesh don't post on the forums it will only bite you in the ass, especially with the name of your char. with paro i had to level myself from 45 to 50 without any real help! doing quests ranking with whoever was available which was usually no one. getting 200 xp during surges lol get used it to it. if ur gonna post on forums really read what you write because you will get criticized!

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject:

And what's wrong with that? A little criticism never hurt anyone, and it was constructive for the most part. Tepesh was just venting and I thought to give advice.. don't tell me we as a pbase are afraid of being observed now.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject:

I was venting a bit but this happens to alot of cabal members which I think is why most people go to the domiant cabal (more people on=more people to help rank) It has happened to me on many different characters of mine being the only member that is active. Keepers have seemed to disappear for the most part. 6 members 1 really active 2 semi-active and 3 no shows.

Out of the justices I have only seen Arvar on and that was once my whole character life. Knights are active and legions are pretty active but the leader is hardly around. I know cabal life makes ranking alot harder but its still annoying at times when you log on and if your lucky you might see another cabal member for about 10 min or so.

Oh well and guys yall really need to play poker more often I need to clean yall out for the cabal.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject:

From http://abandonedrealms.com/realms/cabals/

Code:
YOU NEED TO ATTEND

Obviously there's no point keeping you in the cabal if you never play at all. But cabals aren't looking for somebody who is going to log 300 hours in 3 weeks and then delete either, leaving a big hole in the cabal in the process. They want people who are going to be steady shows - someone who's going to be around for a long time not necessarily spending every hour logged in. They also are going to get annoyed at people who are absent for important events the cabal leader organises (e.g. raids on enemy cabals, winter runs..). Its not really about the raw amount of time you can log in, but how stable and dependable you are going to be over a period of months.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject:

"Legion are an army, an army of the elite and powerful evils of the land. They desire power, to conquer, to subjugate, and to rule. Legion are not the common thug, but evils who have shown their ability to dominate others through action and mind. The army seeks to cover Thera, to subjugate it to their own ends. To rule as they should, not letting the weak have places of power that they do not deserve. Legion has made pacts with members of the lower planes, exacting powers in return for creating chaos upon Thera, and with these new abilities, they dominate as they see fit. They believe they will bring to Thera its destiny - peace, under the tyrannical rule of the Legion. "

Does this sound like a cabal that should have level 1s looking for help so they can rank up? If you are in a cabal it was suppose to mean you have succeeded on your own, can succeed on your own, and will succeed on your own. Don't go crying about no other 50's on.

0 0 0
Rosellin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject:

Tepesh is a keeper...

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject:

What I wrote pretty much applies to all cabals as I understand it. Except Heralds.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject:

really, Knights are a group of evil wanting to conquer and rule, make pacts with underdwelling planar evils, etc etc? I've had it wrong all this time.

and I have a few problems with that insom.

In the first, it says subjugate to their own ends. That means using people for gaining power. what is power? Ranks are. what is using people? getting groups that can get you ranks, which means power.

Insom, much as you dislike to admit it, there is simply nothing in the world that can be done alone. You either use others for success or you get overwhelmed trying to be the lone wolf.

a single rank 42-45 in a cabal trying to rank alone while the opposing cabal has multiple rank 50's is not going to go over well.

How that is solved? A rank 50 in the cabal that can both provide assistance in ranking and provide a useful component to cabal defense and not just be a blood stain on the ground waiting to happen like the lowbies in cabals vs rank 50s. since you obviously thought Tepesh was legion, it might as well be said that everyone guns for legion types, or comes into conflict with them somehow. Protected types are the ones who are supposed to help legion rank, and basically give up weapons, gold, or other goodies to legion if demanded. but if legions cant kill anyone, who's going to buy protection, and who's going to submit to demands if they think legion can be stomped flat? cabals are more or less bootstrap affairs, in that it takes one or two who have reached 50 to help those lower power through the hell ranks of 42-45-50. Otherwise, they rack up a high body count, and as such become worthless to the cabal they're in because of the multisplatting (since multikilling between cabals is not penalized, even powerplayers will do it), and so they become short lived inhabitants, either rage deleting or ranking up with no lives left.

Anyway, the situation as it appears now is noobs going for cabals, and good players going uncaballed or applying to cabals and rage deleting over one or three deaths out of their sixty one possible and more if they surge fight. The ones that are trucking away right now are average or poorer players, which I think is kinda sad, that they are the ones who will stick it out through tough times while the vets Rdel.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Insom wrote:
What I wrote pretty much applies to all cabals as I understand it. Except Heralds.

Heralds aren't a cabal. Just saying.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> PK stats All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: