Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 9 hours.

running ideas thread for murder counters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject:

When you cast a spell on someone, is that a free round of spell casted, or can you sometimes get gypped out of a free round by having their return round be .5 instead of 1 round length after? It seems like thats happened before.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject:

Oh, hey Mandor. I never said, "in a class" so you're quote is not only biased, but incorrect. Wink

lol

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject:

and if you only cast hellstream your gonna die fast anyways. There are other spells chain lightling not great but imo is better than hellstream.

There has also been mages that wear hit/dam gear and did alot better than those with just hp items.

Mages can also use staves, wands and scrolls and heal where as warriors can only use potions. Mages to me is a hard hitting class that needs to use scrolls.staves/wands when needed.

I do see where you are coming from.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject:

There is a reason why the rating table has only one invoker in top 30, and thats Noliperus. There is also a reason why the top 5 are warrior classes.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Is the reason that 5 times as many people play warriors than invokers? Ultimately people are lazy and the playerbase is fairly deplorable. Who the hell wants to try to rank up a gnome invoker (ever try to kill those elves in the valley for the worn steel armor quest...those quarterstaves do disembowels to a rank 8 ). Other casters are just as hard to rank. Illusionists are near useless until they get haste, but to get there they have to have someone willing to tow along someone who does less damage than pets.

Mages are fairly powerful, especially in cabals where they can fully utilize the healing wands (or staves?). Couple that with the medic and energy scrolls and you have a hellstreaming healer. Outside of the cabal they are not quite as powerful.

Don't get me wrong, the flee murder is a bit ridiculous...but unfortunately to change it would require, what would seem to be, an enormous amount of work trying to balance out things for basically all classes that arent caster classes. Take for example thieves or paladins...what the heck are they going to do against a mage class that attacks them? Thieves have every cool thing they can do blocked by weapon ward.

Maybe thats the way to solve it. Get rid of both flee/murder and weapon ward.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject:

did i just read that an illusionist deals less damage than a pet? maybe you should play one and actually use their spells because they can dish out more damage than most classes with phantoms and hob spark. all of this whining about mages sucking is really getting on my nerves..

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a very good mage player period but, Pip I think you should make an illusionist and destroy them all. I enjoy destruction...

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I thought the whining was about mages whining about warriors! Just having some fun with it Wink

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject:

picpen wrote:
did i just read that an illusionist deals less damage than a pet?

I think he meant at very low level when all you have is hob spark

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Is the reason that 5 times as many people play warriors than invokers?

Most people play whatever is the strongest.

Stiehl26 wrote:
Maybe thats the way to solve it. Get rid of both flee/murder and weapon ward.

Casters who forget ward are dead. Noone is talking about removing murder, just balancing it.

Stiehl26 wrote:
Mages are fairly powerful, especially in cabals where they can fully utilize the healing wands (or staves?). Couple that with the medic and energy scrolls and you have a hellstreaming healer. Outside of the cabal they are not quite as powerful.

Right, thats why there are so many of them, killing weak fighters left and right.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Kammkala, we are looking to balance the murder concept... Which may include removing its existence. Disregarding a concept just because its outside of the box you are thinking of is stupid.

however, the idea was really really dumb for various other reasons like overhead/barrage/clobber/sidestep etc.

Thinking outside the box = good. Not thinking about your thought, regardless of where its at in relation to the box = bad.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject:

bassball wrote:
Oh, hey Mandor. I never said, "in a class" so you're quote is not only biased, but incorrect. Wink

lol

its been fixed. Laughing

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: