Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Race to Do Away With

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Race to Do Away With
Half-Elf
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Illithid
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Werebeast
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Dwarf /Duergar
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Avian
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Halfling
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Slith
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fire/storm/stone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Elf/Drow
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Minotaur
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

ssgtortho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Race to Do Away With

If there was a class that could be done away with, for various resons, what would it be? Had to combine a couple because there where to many to post.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I will vote no if there's one option.. I'd say keep them all. What's your problem?

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Damn, didn't give 'gnomes' as an option... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

0 0 0
DropThat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject:

hey you guys are all wron gwe should get rid of the human race from AR. then the game would kick ass Wink

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject:

No and heres a new poll option.

<------ Gnomes! Damn little twitchy buggers. Ach! It's a gnome! Somebody get the dull stick! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mental Patient-101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject:

And why arent gnoems on the list??? Evil or Very Mad

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, are you racist against dwarves and humans or something, huh? Evil or Very Mad Huh? PUT GNOMES UP THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject:

Uh, all those races are fine. Slith, Minotaur and Illithid are unique races on AR because they come with special skills but pay for them with a limited class selection (which should stay limited).

I'm really glad AR doesn't have some insane overpowered races like so many MUDs do. Dragons is an example of that, how do you make a dragon cool and still stay balanced? I've only seen one MUD where dragons actually made sense. That's not counting glorified chat rooms like AvatarMUD (Not slamming or promoting) where balance really only matters when you're competeting for that new pimp eq (Don't bad me).

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Re:

Halfling- 25 dex should not exist for thieves, pry and steal works too often.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject:

All of AR's races contribute to both gameplay and roleplay, including the gnome. They make good thieves, good illusionists, decent invokers, crappy bards, nightmarish warriors and laughable rangers. I believe someone once mentioned that gnomes were allowed to become warrior types as a sort of Immortal joke to see if any would play them and to laugh at those pathetic fools. Along with stone giants, gnomes are one of the few nonaggressive forced neutral races.

Halfling thieves are awesome because they can't go banzaii warrior style like and are pretty much stuck with stealing everything from you. The uber-dex and the 100% steal makes them the only logical choice for a stealing thief (as opposed to a fighting thief).

0 0 0
Xan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject:

I think they are all good, if anything AR coold use a few new faces of races!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject:

We have too many underused ones as it is. Sliths got a big revitalization as a result of expanding them to monks and rangers, at the cost of making them slightly overpowered, but their numbers have dwindled again. Illithid illusionists are pretty awesome especially with their special abilities, yet you don't see many of them either. Minotaurs used to be insanely popular too but their numbers have reduced. Drow/elf/human/avian/dwarf/duergar are always going to be the most popular races, but it seems as though no one plays the specialized races any more.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject:

Specialized races are fun. It would be nice if your racial 100 wasn't dependent on choosing the class to get it.. though having halfings go thief only and giants go fighters only is something I could live with I guess. Only thing that worries me about them is the danger of forming cookie cutters i.e. the specialized race owning all other class choices. Kind of the case with halfling thieves.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: