Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

Barkskin for Rangers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject:

Mandor wrote:
well then it might be the bark in addition to a very low damage dealt by RNG, since fireball has such a wide damage range. I've seen oblits and mauls on the same target, so its not out of the question.

It's possible.. I haven't done in-depth testing. But my experience so far is that ginko barkskin has resulted in completely worthless fireballs against me. It's gone from MUTILATE - MANGLE range through sanc to graze - injure range through sanc.

That's a really huge damage reduction. I don't think the intention with the bark-skin specializations was to render that specific damage source completely worthless, so I think dav should really take a look at it to make sure it's working as intended. As far as the treant thews stuff goes, I'm inclined to believe that the vuln works, it's just that the damage reduction provided by barkskin is so insanely out of place that it seems like it's not working.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject:

point taken.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Unless a Legion ranger abducts you and surprise fireskins against your DK and you don't react to switching spells quickly enough, how does it help really? Its a gamble to do that because you can so easily just stop using the spell. The AC is more helpful unless truly the DK/invo/whatever shows they know nothing other than the one spell and refuse to adjust.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I think when that went in, it was one of amdorin's ideas to begin with, and Burzuk took it and basically said "can't hurt, will soften the blow of all these nerfs I am about to do to their pets" ... we didn't really care much. The skill is, like Slade said, too specialized to be useful in a pvp situation. You might get to take down the fire ruler easily. So what? People spam fireballs to kill pets... they're looking to kill pets not the master , and the barkskin doesnt help the pets. I'm not going to comment on whether those numbers were intended or not right now - I will just say the resistance is supposed to scale with level instead of a typical resistance. So if youre talking about level 50 barkskin vs level 15 barkskin..there's probably a big difference.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject:

its also true that a class with fireball has some other AoE as well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject:

And yet they have a tendency to just fireball don't they....

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
And yet they have a tendency to just fireball don't they....

only the nubs...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: