Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Guide to posting an idea or suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Guide to posting an idea or suggestion

I have a little bone to pick. All these ideas are getting thrown around willy nilly without too much thought having been put to them. Now, I'm pretty lazy, so when you post an idea I just want to read it and think through it, not have to work it out myself. In order to be more lazy, I'm going to put some work in upfront and teach you how to have and post an idea for AR. Hopefully I won't have to read more crap that starts with "I haven't thought this all the way through" or "Wouldn't it be cool if". So without further ado, here's the process.

0. Have an idea.
^ This step is pretty simple.
1. Identify biases.
^ How does this idea directly affect your tendencies? Is it going to buff your current or future character? What do you get out of it?
2. Eliminate bias from idea
^ Otherwise, your idea sucks to start of with. If you know you'll be getting something out of having this be implemented, other people will too and can call you out on it.
3. Reconsider from an AR perspective
^ How does your idea fit into the scheme of the game? Will it leave one class vulnerable or overpowered? Can it be abused/cheesed/scripted? Will having it be abused/cheesed/scripted affect how usable it is? If Clifton got a hold of it, what damage could he do? (And other things along these lines of thought)
4. Draw a conclusion
^ Does it still seem like a good idea now that I've thought about it? Could I list out the benefits, drawbacks, and potential exploits?
5. Post it
^ Now it's time to wait for everyone else to post their feedback, criticisms, and all the other things that you took for granted or overlooked.
6. Congratulate yourself.
^ A good post without yet again seeming like an idiot. Go get some ice cream.

If you all follow these steps, hopefully it'll cut down on the amount of shit that gets spewed and these forums will be a little smarter.

Last edited by _Clifton_ on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject:

I have an idea.

Why dont you lick my nuts.

kthxbai

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject:

Res, you fail... See points 1 & 2 above...

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject:

gah pms are disabled here

Last edited by Slade on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject:

*BUMP*

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject:

bump

Number 3 is the problem with a lot of people's ideas if they manage to get past biases.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject:

Its easier to ignore it if there's no effort put into the suggestion, which is ...good...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: