Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

A Couple of Newbie Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaniyre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: A Couple of Newbie Questions

I stopped playing Abandoned Realms for a long time and I'm back. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer them. Thank you very much.

1) Can you still train defenses/skills in Abandoned Realms or is it not worthwhile anymore?
2) How do I dismount from the Wheel of Death?

0 0 0
geadin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject:

You can practice your skills/defenses at a guild master up to 75%, After that you'll have to practice them by killing mobs for combat skills, or for skills like hide you'll have to use over and over again until you master them at 100%. The Wheel of Death is true to it's name, Getting someone to heal you should make it easier. I don't think you can dismount it once you're on it.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject:

That whole circus area scares me. I loaded myself into the cannon and was blasted off to some far off place. I have not had the guts to try the Wheel of Death. If you train during a surge, your learning is that much the better.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: A Couple of Newbie Questions

Kaniyre wrote:
I stopped playing Abandoned Realms for a long time and I'm back. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer them. Thank you very much.

1) Can you still train defenses/skills in Abandoned Realms or is it not worthwhile anymore?

1) The chance to gain percentage increases is non-linearly scaled with level. What this means is that your chances of improving a skill are much lower at 30 than they are at 50. So while it's still possible, it's more of a question of whether you're willing to spend the time to do it. Intelligence/wisdom play an important role in this as well. The last time I had a character, fire giant warrior, I found myself just leveling and tanking without much regard to training skills in the general sense. Even solo'ing and tanking everything, skill increases pretty much didn't happen until about 40. With my last half-elf, I had pretty much everything mastered (double disarm, etc.) at 40 because I spent a good amount training it. As Tiqa said, surges give boosts to training gains. There are also quest rewards which do the same.

2) You can't. You win or you die.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: A Couple of Newbie Questions

Kaniyre wrote:

I'm fairly certain there's a limited number of daggers. If you have someone healing you and you continually fail to rotate properly, it will eventually force you off of the wheel. A level 50 berserker or dwarf warrior can probably live through it with no heals if he's sanc'd, but I'm not about to test that.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Something also to note is that I believe Dav changed it so regardless of the npc lvl vs yours you'll still gain at the same rate. of course getting hit a lot more still raises your chances of gaining skill prof.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject:

^something like that, it was made a lot more forgiving.

yeah not sure if i approve of players treating surges as training sessions ..been wanting to nerf that one for a long time. Its like we have all these training restrictions and along comes a surge and you just bruteforce them. So thats why it was originally lame training for a while, which I finally decided to revert on.. If we could find some way to make that surge bonus only count for grouped players that are trying to rank I think I'd be in approval otherwise. Anyway, use it, its been around a long time.

0 0 0
Kaniyre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject:

So does wielding the training sword and wearing those demon-faced talismans/green and yellow ring method still work? Or is ranking normally like Clifton mentioned a better idea?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject:

toy swords + demon faced talismans have been out of the picture for about four years now.

the thing that changed is that they re-ordered the system so misses aren't even blockable, and so you can't learn anything by tanking a bunch of stuff that misses.

0 0 0
Kaniyre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject:

I see. Thanks for the update. Anyway, if I have mud client questions to ask (script/aliases/macro and etc.), can I do that here? This is because invokation.net scripts section don't look really active (no offense).

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: