Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

shifting to pk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject:

My first real PK character was an elf healer knight. Without the "easy button" and joining Knights where I was in the thick of it, no matter what, then I wouldnt have learned as fast.

I got killed a bunch at the start, but then you learn how to escape, or how to sacrifice saves for health, etc, etc, and managed to do great things with the healer. I even made knight leader and got 2 rounded by Ugula through full defenses, health buffs and sanc.

But, long and short of it, it helped keep me from getting discouraged. A naked knight healer is easier to equip than a naked non knight warrior.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Myself I like berserkers clearly, they are my favorite. As far as a learning reason for PK you get hobble concentration dirt kick lagging skills sideswipes etc etc. You will pump out damage and give yourself a chance to win even in malicious beast with a couple store bought savage weapons. And when all goes wrong you can try a rage (as long as you are aura'd) and give yourself a shot to outdamage enough to survive. You will eat a lot of deaths learning to play any class and berserkers imo could be the front runner of that. I suggest doing a shaman or healer in order to give yourself a chance to live and try out different styles but for learning the pure PK aspect go warrior or ranger. They are similar but ranger is the more Over Powered if used correctly imo. Either way good luck and stick with it even my first and second PKers since returning to this new system were 1) Really bad and 2) Just not good. But my third was really Corzen and by the end I got the hang of it.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Xerties wrote:
Davairus wrote:
1. bad idea, you should definitely just make a healer/shaman and get led around fights watching real pk'ers do it. prefer evil to maximize opportunities

I disagree. I really don't think he's going to learn much as a cleric being towed around by pip or something. He's just going to see a blur of text on the screen until 'word me' or 'heal me.' You're not learning to track, you're not learning to run, and you're not learning to prepare.

For your first PK char ever I'd stay out of cabals. Roll a ranger, go evil, and don't buy protection or oath. Level up as best you can to around 30 or so then start picking fights. Don't worry about getting to 50, you won't survive the trip. Hang around 30, pick fights, and don't be afraid to die. At 30 you can recover from a death pretty easily, you'll haev a run with the squires/legion wannabes, and you won't be super pissed when your 50 condies or has to deal with lifelong enemies that you can't get away from (or won't get away from you by leveling out of pk.) Stick with human so you don't have to deal with retarded level advantages.

Do this with one char, stick through till you condie or get close, and I think you'd be ready for a run at Knights. If you really don't feel confident at all and your record is 1 and 61 or something then maybe do another uncaballed to 40 and run around there, but only if you do really horribly with the first one.

Most of all, don't be afraid to die. It'll help you in two ways. You'll get over the anxiety of defeat mostly, and you'll get good at re-equipping quickly.

You'll learn more autofollowing pip as a healer than you will getting roflstompd every time you log in because you suck and picked a ranger as your first pk.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: