Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Cabals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pops

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Cabals

Why not...

Get rid of cabal items

Put the "soul" of every active cabal member in the inner sanctum of their cabal grounds. You could see them all when you walk in, but only the souls of cabal members who are currently in the realms at the time would be movable objects. An invader would kill the guardian, enter the sanctum, and steal the "soul" of his target, at which point that players cabal powers would cease to function. If the soul is dropped, it immediately would return to the cabal grounds, and holding a cabal members soul would allow him or any member of his cabal to attack you, regardless of rank. "Capturing" a soul would return it to the cabal grounds, but the cabal powers of the player whos soul was just captured would be nullified for a hex or so worth of time (maybe longer). Just a thought, flame on! I'm kinda baked

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject:

I like many aspects of that.

Also baked.

0 0 0
Zanderic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I haven't ever done cabal PK so im just wondering what the purpose of the change would be. Why change anything?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Pretty much, this seems like you're taking one cabal item and making it multiple items that are only around for very brief periods of time.

I was going to start a similar thread about the cabal items/guardians. I'll post what I was going to post there here. I hope you don't mind pops.

Davairus wrote:
why would you even bother capturing items? You can raid all day long and that opponent has to keep showing up. That should be enough. As soon as you capture that item you have 1 shot at owning him while he runs back across Thera with it. And you end up defending your own cabal which flips the tactical disadvantage because now he is going to raid when he feels like.

I can think of a couple reasons for capturing enemy items. Opposing cabals can no longer use their skills, nor can they use equipment from their cabal stores. There were times as Justice when Legion had my item and my shield poofed. In those cases, I usually grabbed the first easy to get shield I could and continued to retrieve. There were other times where I had taken defenders for granted to the extent that I had no purples.

From the standpoint of percent chance of getting a kill, I would much rather be fighting in my own cabal than invading on another player. The door guard can curse and dispel, both of which could end a fight pretty quickly. I remember defending against Creegan and the guard dispelled him. With a trip and water weapon, that was all I needed.

I think Iolo's point comes more from a practical standpoint. The playerbase isn't what it used to be so getting a suitable group together to capture an enemy cabal item will be tougher. Personally, I agree with Iolo. I think item capturing is a staple of cabal warfare. As much as it's a pain sometimes to go up against three legions as a solitary knight, it does make things interesting, exciting and in the long-run, fun.

P.S. If things haven't been updated since the last time I had to retrieve an item as a non-pinnacled cabal member, you also get experience when you get your item back so an underranked player actually gets something useful out of retrieving.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't think this is a good idea for the current AR. I do think changing cabals back (code/rules) a couple steps would make things better. I know it nerfed the, I'm going to go solo your cabal and get your item in 5 minutes play, but where for example 2 Knights could once capture a legion item and force the legion that relies on surprise or stealth, or just overpowering their enemy to come out of their element and possibly die ...they now just get owned. Things have gotten too strict I think, people like a little cheese every now and then. Also, since I'm slightly on topic, Mystics, Heralds and whoever else shouldn't be bound by the Keeper laws. That should be something they Roleplay and come to common ground on. No High Herald or Mystic leaders should want their members getting slaughtered if there is an amicable solution - and if they don't find one, that coterie imm should think twice about their leader. Granted relations between coteries and possibly cabals can only be done when there are leaders to interact. Also, lets bring back the hired help mercenaries w/e, just no healers - and tweek it a little so it only works if it is 1v3 or worse odds.

im always baked

0 0 0
Zanderic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ya I tried to set up a peace agreement between the Heralds, Mystics, and Knights recently because of the fact that Heralds and Mystics both induct evil characters. Heralds and Mystics are basically peaceful and never really go out looking to murder anyone. I think the immortals see that if there was a peace, then there wouldn't be any risk as a Herald or Mystic since we could all then buy protection and then we would only have to worry about non-cabal players. I agree with the fact that Heralds and Mystics should not be forced to conform to the Keepers rules, however this is probably a bias opinion. Think of it this way. Do you really want powerful items to be held by people that don't PK? A Herald can really hold onto a powerful item for a long time if they play their cards right and RP to favor the right people.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
I think Iolo's point comes more from a practical standpoint. The playerbase isn't what it used to be so getting a suitable group together to capture an enemy cabal item will be tougher.

Yep, that was exactly my point. With Jaqr I was able to invade and steal the skull solo, though it took a while and was risking a legion to log on and slay me. But that was part of the rush of excitement Smile With Knoross, the skull guardian almost 4 rounded me.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject:

Well cap the item if you want, I'm just saying if my objective was to kick your ass, I'd probably do it, and then work on the item while you are a ghost. I have found capping to be a negative thing for myself, it makes me feel guilty their low levels can't exp and their high levels just dont want to come to retrieve vs high risk situations. But each to their own.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: