Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 4 hours.

another suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: another suggestion

So I have a lot of ideas, and I realize no one will like them ha but its worth a shot. I was thinking that what if you gave rangers the ability to track a foe, nothing super crazy but they are rangers, they would be good at that kind of thing. Maybe sniff them out or werebeast legacy I don't know not saying its necessary, but it seemed to fit (not saying werebeast need a buff). Like I said not super crazy like it will tell them where they are specifically, but it would say he is west of your area or near solace, or he is too far away and you lost his scent; w/e. Would probably be a nightmare to code though.

Okay second, What if you when you completed a quest you get quest points in addition to xp. Place a vendor that sells some elite ass gear for an amount of quest points. I noticed a lot of people dont do the quests, and it took time to make them. Not everyone does winter, so I think this would be a decent substitute for high end gear. Not trying to bring any of MUD influences in, but Ive seen it on a few other MUD's and it had great success!

Okay, now you can poke holes in it- Thank you

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject:

my 2c

while the tracking makes sense with rp, i feel it would make rangers way overpowered. They are already serious competitors in pvp, no need to make them more so.

as for the quest thing, those who don't do winter can already gamble some very nice gear. for those who don't do quests, well, i will answer with this question.... does doing quests still help with training skills?

0 0 0
Morbious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject:

is that a rhetorical question? or does it actually help with training skills? and yes gambling can be nice, but this is a strong RP place, so I imagine questing should be awarded well

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject:

Yeah. The more quests you have done the faster your skill improve in proficiency. I don't think it's a huge bonus though. Personally I always do as many quests as I can. Just gives you something to do. Exp is nice. And I like to think it helps with training enough to matter. All in all I can understand why I'm one of the few though. Not a huge incentive. They're way cool the first time. But after that... Well I guess they're easier. Hahah

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject:

I would like to see more bonuses for quests completed after 50, especially since there are a lot of high ones that are difficult to complete until you're there or close enough to it 50 that you don't want to risk the exp loss completing them.

Maybe quest exp can get stored up somehow and you can cash it in at a shop for gambled items instead of spending your gold on them. My 2c.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of quest points maybe to buy back stats you've lost i.e. Constitution. Get so many quest points and maybe like a total quantity of completing all the quests will buy you 2 con in the end? This will reward people for 1) Exploring 2) Sticking with their chars and 3) Having the patience to do all the quests.

Just my two cents too. Otherwise I think quests are good enough to get you a rank in the 40's with most race/class selections and that is good enough. The higher end quests seem more to me just to give you something to do as a pinnacled char. I dunno.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Heck I do quests just for the little thing it adds when you complete quests. I like to see that so and so is an experienced explorer and whatnot

0 0 0
Morbious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I just think the incentive should be increased, get people logging on longer in off hours, with the quest gear maybe like

Bracers of Power : 50 QP
Frost Clasps: 65 QP
Shard of Ligtning: 210 QP
Frost Dagger: 175 QP

Something like that; Just an idea. Quests took time to make, they take time to do, time invested should be rewarded Idea
Granted even with the xp and skills bonus, I could just grind that out on NPCs faster I think, But I haven't compared the two

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Morbious wrote:
Quests took time to make, they take time to do, time invested should be rewarded Idea
Granted even with the xp and skills bonus, I could just grind that out on NPCs faster I think, But I haven't compared the two

Quests are a great way to learn your way around Thera on your first couple of characters. After that, you can complete them for quick experience when there's nobody else around to group with. There's also the exp, training, and gold rewards quests to cash in when the time is right and some other perks others have already mentioned.

0 0 0
Morbious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm really striking out with my ideas here, Confused

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject:

don't worry morbious, I've been striking out for about 10 yrs now.

0 0 0
Morbious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject:

that makes me feel better deadzero

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject:

Morbious, you're striking out, yeah, but its not because your ideas suck, its just that they aren't right for the game. Bringing them up allows people who know more about it to help you learn more about the game.

So I don't care if you ever come up with a great idea, keep posting with the ones you have. Very Happy

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to stick with my original arguement of we need to encourage new players not make the old ones happy. We are pretty well addicted believe me I have tried to quit many times and I fail every time so no worry there. You need to do things that will encourage newer players so I am glad to hear Morbius' ideas as he is a newer player by his own comments. I'd rather see tests of the idea from newer players as that is what will bring them to AR.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: