Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Quest class additions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Quest class additions

I have brought this topic up many times but I have a new Idea. What about giving people a reward for condying their 50 char honorably with a minimum of x numbers required to get the quest class character. Now of course lets say you are a bad ass and you don't die much but you have the hours that could work too. Instead of gaining attention with one char and then having to make a human dk for a vamp lets say Ygin or Dhua applies to the imms to be turned into a monk for ygin and a druid for dhua and here is the best part they can only fight each other! Make them level 51 or something that way the talk of things being unfair to the rest of the game is null. Of course they could still group with people in their group range.

In this sense you are only worried about a really small population and there is a reward at the end for those who effectively promote the game. By being an active cabal member or even an active 50 there is a light at the end of the tunnel and not man, this is kinda lame I like my char but what next.... Make a new one?? that has always been a let down for me when you get bored with one char and then you have to start the grind again.

So again here is my idea, fighter class can apply for a warlord, a ninja can apply to be a monk and a mage class can apply to be a druid and paladin/dkn can apply to be a vamp. Role play would be weighed heavily and you have to have a minimum of 500 hrs played and be well known. Maybe throw in psi's not sure maybe to break up the mages give them more choices so more people play them.

I think this would add a nice dynamic to the game like discovering a secrete level. Anywhoo I will be checking repeatedly for comments!

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Quest class additions

Ozaru wrote:
I have brought this topic up many times but I have a new Idea. What about giving people a reward for condying their 50 char honorably with a minimum of x numbers required to get the quest class character.

I already see a flaw. Someone could intentionally lose over a period of time to gain the reward. Now you're actually promoting what would be the newest way of deleting your character.

Ozaru wrote:
Now of course lets say you are a bad ass and you don't die much but you have the hours that could work too. Instead of gaining attention with one char and then having to make a human dk for a vamp lets say Ygin or Dhua applies to the imms to be turned into a monk for ygin and a druid for dhua and here is the best part they can only fight each other!

Why would you want to have a special class if you can't fight anyone but other people who did so? There wouldn't be enough people to fight. Ygin's a PKer, so you're effectively reducing her number of PKs. That's not a reward, that's a punishment.

Ozaru wrote:
Make them level 51 or something that way the talk of things being unfair to the rest of the game is null. Of course they could still group with people in their group range.

Low-level Immortals are 51. You're going to make them Imms? Or bump it all up? Or take out the level 51 for Imms and new Imms become 52? No matter the answer, that's extra coding for what seems to be a waste of an idea. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Ozaru wrote:
In this sense you are only worried about a really small population and there is a reward at the end for those who effectively promote the game. By being an active cabal member or even an active 50 there is a light at the end of the tunnel and not man, this is kinda lame I like my char but what next.... Make a new one?? that has always been a let down for me when you get bored with one char and then you have to start the grind again.

As I already said, it's not a reward. Besides, if they're getting bored and being inactive at 50, you give them a new class and BOOM, they're active. What about after the initial excitement of being a Druid wears off? Make a new, NEW class upgrade? That's unreasonable and unsustainable.

Ozaru wrote:
So again here is my idea, fighter class can apply for a warlord, a ninja can apply to be a monk and a mage class can apply to be a druid and paladin/dkn can apply to be a vamp.

Paladins can apply to be Vampires? O.O The ultimate good turns into the ultimate evil. <.< I have no further comment on this one.

Ozaru wrote:
Role play would be weighed heavily and you have to have a minimum of 500 hrs played and be well known. Maybe throw in psi's not sure maybe to break up the mages give them more choices so more people play them.

Psionicists, Monks, Druids, and Warlords were taken out because they were broken. They didn't FIT with the newest version of the games, so they were removed. That's trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They won't fit.

Ozaru wrote:
I think this would add a nice dynamic to the game like discovering a secrete level. Anywhoo I will be checking repeatedly for comments!

A secret level... There's nothing wrong with the way things are now, so why add a new, secret level? Sooner or later, it'll become boring and after that, boom, you've solved nothing. In fact, you've actually created a problem in that the classes you're talking about don't work because of the combat style implementations, being overpowered, or any number of reasons. This idea would require MAJOR modification to even be taken seriously, I believe, and even if it were heavily modified, there's still this basic question:

What are you fixing?

It's not fixing boredom for more than a few months TOPS, so what are you accomplishing with all this coding?

Nothing.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: