Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

Out of range pk/ out of range looting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think there should be a penalty?
yes I want to kill them.
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
No I would rather they not be able to loot from me at all.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
No I like this the way it is.
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Out of range pk/ out of range looting

Been thinking about this a while. I was wondering about the idea of either penalizing out of range looters by giving them a generic the person you looted can now try and kill you flag, or making it so you cant loot outside your pk. Sure the 30 who spends 100 hours a month deserves to be able to soend his million gold on the AH, but if for example he loots my 50 with his 30 there should be a window of oppurtunity for me to retaliate.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject:

making the kill about equipment disenchants the spirit of the game. You work hard to get a kill you are elated, if the person is loaded that is just icing on the cake. Sure its up setting if you can't collect all the loot, but hey if you are good enough that equipment will come back to you.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject:

by the way to take your point from invokation to the forum so more people can read it. Lowbie vulturing has been part of the game way before you are your little paladin showed up. This day and age lowbie vulturing is even harder because their are less fights going on. My last lowbie vulture was great Krydus and Lorelle locked in an epic battle, Krydus running for his life, closed the door on lorrelle I opened it and wham lorrelle gets the kill assist me and I get some of the looot hahahaha suckers. If you are saying out of range looting is banned then getting eq for your friends should be banned, auctioning eq that you can't kill for your self should be banned. Enchants from a 50 invoker should be banned, getting a 50 knight to help you rank for damage when you are rank 40 should be banned. There are a lot of out of range perks, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject:

There are a lot of things that have been changed or shifted around. I posted an idea, on the idea forum. Its up to the player base and the imms to provide their opinion. And paladin? What on earth are you talking about?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If you are saying out of range looting is banned then getting eq for your friends should be banned, auctioning eq that you can't kill for your self should be banned. Enchants from a 50 invoker should be banned, getting a 50 knight to help you rank for damage when you are rank 40 should be banned. T

I noticed you didn't want to respond to that point, Nadrin.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Quote:
If you are saying out of range looting is banned then getting eq for your friends should be banned, auctioning eq that you can't kill for your self should be banned. Enchants from a 50 invoker should be banned, getting a 50 knight to help you rank for damage when you are rank 40 should be banned. T

I noticed you didn't want to respond to that point, Nadrin.

Want to had nothing to do with not feeling it was necessary to respond to that point. it IS against the rules to get eq for your friends unless they can obtain it themselves yes? Not against the rules to sell items on the Auction house. There is nothing wrong with enchanting items, for whatever reason. Enchantments only make a small difference most of the time, and there is risk involved with it, Ie your uber weapon that you couldnt get on your own just exploded now what are you gonna do? A 50 knight is NOT supposed to out of range assist a 40 ranking unless one of the groupmembers is in range, then its not really a problem. The last one of course is except for a 50 knight assisting damage for the 40 knight ranking since that is one of the requirements. So no, I didnt think it was necessary to state the obvious, thanks Dav.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject:

In my opinion, out of range vulture looting is totally different than all of your other examples, Ozaru.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject:

Also as to the banning subject, that wasnt even related to my origional post. I did not say people should be 'banned' for looting. I was talking about Implimenting some idea that One, stops them from looting out of range corpses (Ie, similiar to being unable to loot from below 15 corpses,) or one that gives you a temp pk flag for that player, (vice versa, not talking about making them unable to defend themselves like Holding a Cabal Item.) This second one is the Idea I personally would prefer the most. I know how frustrating it can be from both ends, to one, rush in and kill someone for their gear only to have some lowbie ninja it before you can get it, or also to get killed and have lowbies totally loot everything from your body before you can return with no penalty at all. Looting from corpse already gives you Aggressive adrenaline, so you cant quit out from it. I was thinking the temp pk flag till the adrenaline fades, (or a timer that ends after so many tries if said person cant kill them within 5 minutes or something stupid like that. Lastly I was thinking that it would not apply to certain areas that pk range doesnt matter. IE Arena, and Cabal Grounds.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject:

I guess Dav got my point and you didn't Iolo so I will be a little more clear about it. There are aspects to the game that are beneficial and completely unfair. Getting lowbie vultured is completely unfair, but in doing so it benefits someone else. Now in this mindset someone is getting equipment that they have no business having because it creates an unfair advantage for everyone else in their pk range. Now when Nadrin says getting invoker enchants doesn't make a difference uh are you kidding? The first thing I do when I create a char head to emerald get a moss sword and pray that morgit is on to make it 4/4 ava 16. Now Im level 1 with anywhere from 6 to 8 hit/dam depending on the eq I can find and the basic rings that are available. Not counting the base hit and dam I have and with the right class/race combo I could be dealing decimates which is great for ranking! Big difference of course out of range assistance absolutely.

Point number 2 auctioning gear for a friend. Basically my argument is if you create a beneficial aspect within the game that people can exploit and you want that taken out you need to do that for all aspects similar. I hope that makes more sense now.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I guess the way I see it is getting an out-of-range invoker to enchant for you is ok as long as you pay them (which Vanisse told me was fine back when I had my Mystic invoker), and buying auctioned goods is fine because you're paying gold for them, a 50 cabal adding damage to a group to help a 40 fellow cabal memeber is fine because that is in the rules of the cabal (at least it is in Knights). But out-of-range vulturing corpses is different because the vulture KNOWS they're doing something cheap and shitty and fear no repurcusions from the person they just looted (nor from the person who got the kill and rightfully should have had the chance to get first dibs at the goods).

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
I guess the way I see it is getting an out-of-range invoker to enchant for you is ok as long as you pay them (which Vanisse told me was fine back when I had my Mystic invoker), and buying auctioned goods is fine because you're paying gold for them, a 50 cabal adding damage to a group to help a 40 fellow cabal memeber is fine because that is in the rules of the cabal (at least it is in Knights). But out-of-range vulturing corpses is different because the vulture KNOWS they're doing something cheap and shitty and fear no repurcusions from the person they just looted (nor from the person who got the kill and rightfully should have had the chance to get first dibs at the goods).

If you get lowbie vultured and you see who did it you do two things:
1) mark their name down and kill them when they get in range
2) mark their name down, log on your alt and kill them

So you can do something about it

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:

That's against the rules. But you do have a good point about writing their name down...like your own personal hit list. Makes me think of Steve Buschemi's character in the movie Billy Madison Smile

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject:

Im glad I called that guy!

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
Ergorion wrote:

That's against the rules. But you do have a good point about writing their name down...like your own personal hit list. Makes me think of Steve Buschemi's character in the movie Billy Madison Smile

i'm terribly sorry. i forgot to add my [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Uhm... out of range looting isn't like any of the other examples. I agree with Iolo or whoever. However, I have heard Dav say (I think), and I agree with the fact that out of range looting does add an element to the game. Of watching a great fight then being just lucky enough at lvl 25 to get that piece of gear you've never even heard of.

Meh, either way out of range looting does a better job of spreading out rares than Keepers have ever done. For that reason it serves a great purpose

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Basically what I'm hearing is you die on your 50, a level 25 comes and nabs all your sweet gear and you want to unghost, and try to kill him before he gets too far. If you're lucky, you'll have his equipment that he dropped to help, but if not, you're going to want to rest up and heal and at least get an 'outfit' from your guildmaster. Anyone worth his salt has run away to hide by then.

If you're that mad about being vultured, take the fight somewhere else. Its a part of the game and while it's not the best part, those people who vulture are eventually gonna be in range with you or they're just going to forget about their characters because obviously they aren't dedicated enough to the game to get their own eq.

/2c

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I like having full loots in the game, it is a high stakes game. You can log on some 15/m MMO and keep gear forever but its not as exciting to pvp that way, you don't have *everything* on the line. As for who loots it..don't particularly care who that is, but I would rather my rares go to someone who can't use them against me 10 minutes later. Or if you were a Knight and some neuts loot you instead of the Legion getting your pimp stuff and tainting it. Vulturing helps with that problem.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject:

Yeah I guess your right. Meh, Maybe I'll come up with another idea someday Razz

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: