Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 16 hours.

WARLORD VS KEEPER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Warlords or keepers
Bring back warlords
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Keepers are fine
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: WARLORD VS KEEPER

lets make this a poll than, just to see what the playerbase thinks, I dont think that keeper is working really, but I dont necessarily think warlords should come back

0 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I voted 'keepers are fine', but I don't think they really are at the moment. It seems like that cabal needs a higher player base to function correctly. The other three cabals have different mechanics. Legion you must submit to their rule or become a target, knights are the same way, but for evils only. Justice strictly enforces player behaviors in a manner which ensures player killers will pretty much always have to choose whether they want to be fighting them when they're on.

Keepers are charged with enforcing balance, which is an issue that doesn't really seem to mean much when players from competing cabals are rarely on at the same time, and when they are, they're apt to be focusing on killing each other. Allowing a keeper to help is a breach of honor that no cabal member is even allowed to indulge in. If the odds are two to one, say two legions to one knight, and the knight happens to be decked, then the keeper could hardly be offering said knight assistance anyway.

It might be interesting to change up keeper focus a bit and have them just fight against the highly ranked characters, regardless of the gear they have or their cabals current performance. In that case the highest ranked character(s) in the game (past a certain thresh holld of course) at any specific time would get a flag and immediately become a target.

Alternatively, if you had an active IMM for them you could have that imm set the keeper standards for 'enforcing balance' depending on the current circumstances in game. Of course that would leave the question of how someone would get flagged to activate keeper powers.

I've heard perrenial gripes about gear from keepers past and present, the big complaint being that they can't gain equipment from killing other players. Perhaps killing a target could allow the keeper to change that targets gear into some form of material (i.e. ores) which could be used in their cabal stores to create items without using gold?

People seem to forget that in the time of warlords melee oriented classes were fairly underpowered compared to magic users. The game was set up completely differently. I just dont see a place for them after combat modules. I'd rather see keepers fixed then try to bring warlords back.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Keepers get all kinds of crap when they kill someone who is decked Pops. When I Keeper kills your decked char and loots all that sweet gear, he sacs it for about 1100 gold a piece. Even more for higher ranked gear. So he ends up getting like 100k a kill easy... they don't need to be gaining anything else. Especially when someone kills a Keeper their reward is zero.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Voltron wrote:
when someone kills a Keeper their reward is zero.

When someone kills a Keeper they get +1 kill.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject:

lol. Alright Ergorion. I lose.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject:

Warlords have no place in the current game or game politics. Keepers at least provide an interesting balance. It wouldnt be any fun if there were only legion, Knights, and Justice. Hey I know! While we are all at it lets make Mystics a Cabal again! They can go start trying to dominate everyone for power.... wait a minute that sounds like legion, nevermind scratch that.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject:

Nadrin wrote:
Hey I know! While we are all at it lets make Mystics a Cabal again! They can go start trying to dominate everyone for power.... wait a minute that sounds like legion, nevermind scratch that.

You've got it all wrong. This time it's going to be the Heralds who take over the world.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Well, the pen IS mightier than the sword...

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Vevier wrote:
penIS

*chortle*

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Nadrin wrote:
Hey I know! While we are all at it lets make Mystics a Cabal again! They can go start trying to dominate everyone for power.... wait a minute that sounds like legion, nevermind scratch that.

You've got it all wrong. This time it's going to be the Heralds who take over the world.

Sweet ima go roll another herald .. Wait... No im not...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: