Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Mansion of the Malevolent tweak.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Mansion of the Malevolent tweak.

The mansion is really the go-to area for groups with lightwalkers from ranks of about 18 up to almost level 30. That's a LOT of footwork. I felt this was a nice place to target for some improvements. Following adjustments made to the mansion are:

1. Butlers have been changed from "race undead" to "race human". This is so that they can be thrown on the new pyre (put corpse in pyre) which is east of Seymour's camp, in front of the white castle. We'll have this part of a quest chain at some point.

2. Some urns have been placed in side rooms like the broom closet. These have to be smashed to open them (use the "smash" command). They drop random loot, coins, etc.

3. The western and eastern corridors now have a chance of randomly spawning rabid werewolves. These are VERY easy to kill mobs, that vanish after a couple ticks, and give a bit less xp than butlers (but are very efficient for the time they take to kill). The rate of spawn is uncommon and increases with more people in your group. You should want to stop and kill these if you were doing a butler route. Because of the way they spawn -- they appear randomly -- they are difficult to simply script rank them. I may introduce mobs like this in other levelling areas later if you guys like these.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject:

Sounds like some cool changes.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
2. Some urns have been placed in side rooms like the broom closet. These have to be smashed to open them (use the "smash" command). They drop random loot, coins, etc.

This makes me think of Legend of Zelda games where you would walk into somebody's house, smash all of their pots, take the rupees inside, leave the house, walk back in and do it all over again.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Also...

Quote:
The western and eastern corridors now have a chance of randomly spawning rabid werewolves. These are VERY easy to kill mobs, that vanish after a couple ticks, and give a bit less xp than butlers (but are very efficient for the time they take to kill). The rate of spawn is uncommon and increases with more people in your group. You should want to stop and kill these if you were doing a butler route. Because of the way they spawn -- they appear randomly -- they are difficult to simply script rank them. I may introduce mobs like this in other levelling areas later if you guys like these.

How do these compare to talamaurs, which are level 22 mobs? Are they aggresive? Half of the talamaurs are in the back of the mansion, which you have to pass through the western or eastern corridors to get to. If a level 18-20ish group couldn't easily defeat the wolves, that would really mess up a talamaur hunting group.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject:

there are also the kitchen hallways where they don't spawn to get back to the talamaurs.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject:

They only spawn for chars in the range 22-35.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject:

divsky wrote:
Quote:

This makes me think of Legend of Zelda games where you would walk into somebody's house, smash all of their pots, take the rupees inside, leave the house, walk back in and do it all over again.

Did you really do that? Because personally I never found I needed more rupees.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Did you really do that? Because personally I never found I needed more rupees.

Its just to prove that those house owners are little bitches. MY RUPEES! Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject:

Haha divsky, i've done it there is a few spots you can go in and out and get tons of rupees, you need them to play games so you can get bigger arrow holder thingies, or bombachus. There are a few things rupees are good for in zelda that you need a ton of.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: