Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Character Traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navizarian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Character Traits

I was thinking of a system in which each character can earn ONE single trait. Basically, a trait will change your stats, taking 1 away from 1 of your stats and adding 1 to another of your stats. So assuming, I choose the trait "Big and Strong". It will add one to strength but since you're bigger, you're technically slower and it reduces your dexterity by one.

*Each character can have one and only one trait and they choose it when they are creating their character. They can choose not to have any trait. This minimizes any game-breaking effects.

*The effects will only be unlocked when you reach level 50. I believe all stats will still have their benefits even when you're 50.

*This trait is hidden knowledge and it is only known to the player and the immortals (They know everything Twisted Evil)

*Some Race & Class combo have no use for specific stats, so this helps out to a small extent and probably encourage more players to use such combos.

*It diversifies the player base in terms of lesser 'cookie-cutter combos'

I hope to hear some of your opinions and maybe you have a better idea than this. I would very much appreciate if you do not flame this thread. Thank you!

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately this would cause issues with racial maximums. Also, in all honesty, I doubt very much new will ever be implemented. The IMMS just dont have the time to devote. At this point in it's life, AR is a "take it as it is" game.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Unfortunately this would cause issues with racial maximums. Also, in all honesty, I doubt very much new will ever be implemented. The IMMS just dont have the time to devote. At this point in it's life, AR is a "take it as it is" game.

There was a lot added in this summer actually. A new update going in like every single week. There was...

-Update to the Mansion
-Vulns were tweaked
-Timaran weapons tweaked.
-Changes to Storm Hill Weapons
-Bug with luck fixed
-Bug with lag skills fixed
-Request was updated
-Various cabal skills were changed
-Skills affected by adrenaline were updated.
-Bard throw was enhanced

etc, etc, etc... that's not even close to all of it.

So I think things will continue to be added in, dav is just a little busy with school right now. Come next summer I expect another flurry of activity.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject:

a little busy is a good start... . try "drowning in differetnala oqeqadsadaaaaaaargh

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: