Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 16 hours.

Loans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Loans

I was just mulling over an idea and thought I would throw it out to the general populace.

What would you think about a loan system where players can take a loan from some Darkhaven mobs and then would have a certain number of hours to repay it. If the loan is not paid off in the allotted time period, thugs come and do increasing amounts of damage until you pay off the loan.

The amount of gold that you can get loaned would scale with your level and/or credit score. So, the higher the level you are, the more you can take out as well as if you repay the loan promptly every time.

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Sounds alot like the payday company I used lmao

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Is this idea based on an inability to earn gold off mobs efficiently?

0 0 0
Navizarian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject:

This can be a useful feature for characters that find it tough to farm gold that is needed when appliying to a cabal.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject:

Navizarian wrote:
This can be a useful feature for characters that find it tough to farm gold that is needed when appliying to a cabal.

This sounds like an argument against loans. Why do you think we added a cabal application fee?

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject:

AR don't need a loan system, If you are too damn lazy to farm gold/train then you don't need it.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject:

smotpoker wins! wasn't going to say anything but it is so easy to get gold we don't need any other system to get gold. I have two different chars that have been sitting around.. one with a million in the bank one with half a million just running mobs not being lazy. I am totally against this idea because it's so easy to get gold.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject:

Yup it is really easy and the higher up you are the easier it gets.
People now a days are too damn lazy they want everything handed to them.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject:

For new players especially and also young old players, it can be hard to make gold. And I can also see some circumstances where old characters might need gold because you can go from have 100,000 in the bank to zero quickly sometimes and you might need gold right away and it might be nice to borrow it.

Having mobs chase you is not so exciting as a real player. At first I was thinking take a loan from a certain mob and if you don't pay on time then Strife comes after you or Legion. But what would be better is if you don't pay on time anyone uncaballed can go after you and then they get double the gold of the loan. And if you don't have enough in the bank, you are fair game until they get their money. This is good too because it gives uncaballed players a reason to kill. So if you are neutral and don't normally want active pk involvemnet you can participate, and similarily with coteries, and especially new players or old players who are scared to try pk have a reason. What do you think?

It would be kind of like deputies, where every once in a while you get a chance to actively participate in pk and can choose whether or not to do so.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject:

I am fairly certain that we have already had this suggestion.

I am sort of sympathetic to the lowbies not being able to get gold for cabal apps, but this is not the answer. You just need to educate yourself how to make gold.

-task
-sell to vendor (especially after reboots)
-use a surge and do ofcol shops <--------- most mindless method

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Best ways to get gold

1. Sell everything you find in ofcol in any city you can get 700 to 1000 gold per piece. You can also sell to the keeper shop keeps in timaran. That is just the padded stuff, silver equipment goes for more and same with platinum.

2. Like dav said ofcol shop keepers give good amount of gold and its a great place to train after level 25, mastered most of my skills with all my keepers in ofcol waiting to hear from hrimo between rank 25 to 30.

3. Killing the shopkeepers east of purple potions at that junction the dwarven shopkeeper and the hide and tooth guy. For what ever reason they carry about 1000k each. So when you get purples kill those 2 shop keepers and pick up a flask of sparkling water from the catacombs. 3 sancs and 2k not bad.

For people under level 20 trying to get cabal app money sell eq from ofcol. For goodies your best option is to just kill ogres over and over they give a good amount of gold and you can sell the weapons they drop.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I think its all about education as dav said... You think that if they dont know themselves where to get gold, than they would know to go to darkhaven for a loan? I think that this will just be an abused idea. Ogres or shopkeepers take one surge, can easily make 150-200k in gold, I spent about 10-15 hours of training, and im over 800k in gold in the bank, im sorry but i just disagree with this idea

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject:

If you like it, create a character and start something related to it. Euinshiil (think that was his name) created some sort of relationship between warlords and heralds and some imm liked it and made it permanent (of course warlords went bye bye but..) If Imms see something they like in game, I'm sure they will add to it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject:

The main problem with doing this in game Veritas is the people that need the gold the most are not pk'able or further more you will not always be in a position to collect payment back. You would almost need to employ assassins like they used to be but to a lesser extent. Have a contract with them that they do your bidding when needed and get paid for it but only when they are asked. Where as I recall having an assassin it was whoever was contracted was to be killed by silent pk and given no reason to mask the fact that you were an assassin.

My overall point to regulate something like this as a player in game would be very difficult because you have no way to force repayment except pk and people will not always be in PK range.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: