Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 12 hours.

Stealing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krakknot

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Stealing

I spent about an hour stealing gold and attempting to steal items from vendors in Ofcol. When my stealing skill did not go up once, I accepted my guild reward and gave it another go. My skill in stealing did not raise a single percent. Am I doing something wrong that will not allow my stealing skill to increase?

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject:

find a sleeping mob, steal from it. Might help.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Walk around elemental valley and set an alias to blackjack 1. and then try to steal from the blackjacked mob, then if it doesnt wake up backstab it to death. Can practice 3 skills at once.

0 0 0
Krakknot

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject:

So are you guys saying that stealing from vendors will not raise the stealing skill?

0 0 0
Krakknot

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject:

It finally went up on the vendors. I guess it is just a really slow skill.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject:

what we were saying by silence is we don't know . An imm could weighed in, but as far as anyone knows the skill is working properly, since noone has suggested a possible bug before.

It sounds like you had really really bad real life luck, as in, the statistical possibility of you raising the skill was 1 in a billion, over the course of a huge number of bad rolls of chance to raise the skill through use.

Sometimes the RNG can be really shitty to you, other times it can make you king among men.

There still might be something wrong if you couldn't raise it once over the course of a guild reward (personal surge), however if you search training on the forum there are a lot of updates where skills are greatly reduced in possible gain rate for fighting mobs you can "beat without breaking a sweat".

the mob level scales your possible learning rate and I assume they mean for all skills, which includes steal.

What it means is that you will probably find a much faster rate against mobs of near equal level to yourself, but then you also get the huge damage output and it's greater risk to you, as if you get hit badly and a pk comes in and ganks you.

these changes brought AR further into the design philosophy of risk = reward. You're taking higher risk on mobs equal to you, but rewarded better, or go smack lower mobs and your reward is equally insignificant.

Last edited by Fireballer on Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Defenses go up quicker on mobs closer to your own level. Other skills don't take that into account. As someone who has played alot of thieves and have trained a SHIT TON I can say that steal takes a long time to master but once you do you will never fail unless you have the worst luck in the game and even then its 1 in a million chance.

I have spent two days training steal once and only got it to go up 2 times, next two days after that it went up 14 times. Just take your time sooner or later you will master it, also pry is an easy skill to master if you know how to do it, remember when you fail you get a chance to learn from your mistakes which I think should be 2-3 points instead of 1-3 points.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Smotpoker wrote:
Defenses go up quicker on mobs closer to your own level. Other skills don't take that into account. As someone who has played alot of thieves and have trained a SHIT TON I can say that steal takes a long time to master but once you do you will never fail unless you have the worst luck in the game and even then its 1 in a million chance.

I have spent two days training steal once and only got it to go up 2 times, next two days after that it went up 14 times. Just take your time sooner or later you will master it, also pry is an easy skill to master if you know how to do it, remember when you fail you get a chance to learn from your mistakes which I think should be 2-3 points instead of 1-3 points.

or just choose halfling and get steal automastered xd

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject:

sure you could go halfling but they really cant carry anything so stealing is kinda pointless unless you are gonna steal from someone who uses light weapons

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: