Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 17 hours.

The weapon system has to be changed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dispater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject:

Nadrin wrote:
They can already do that. The only real purpose behind it is to free up inventory space because of the fail chance of gyvels and having to take off rare armor to put on saves. When every piece of armor is rare, and you are carrying six rare weapons, how many slots do you have left for other stuff when you start taking off armor to wear saves? Thats the concept. Maybe there is another solution but this was my idea.

The weapon system has to be changed, it's really annoying to get like 6 weapons or in some cases even more, just because you're a warrior or some crap.

Depending how gimped you are, for example as gnome warrior you would want probably more than 6 weapons to make sure you always have an advantage. While as a giant you can only use 3 diff. weapons and do fine.

I think this is what ruined the inventory system which was fine before.

1 0 0
Mkatos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject:

so don't get rares...? Use darkhaven or winter weapons, those are plenty strong. Sword mace and morningstar, and you've got a 1h weapon of every type. The chaos polearm is weak, so maybe use a rare slot for a 2h. Good to go

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject:

Dispater wrote:
Nadrin wrote:
They can already do that. The only real purpose behind it is to free up inventory space because of the fail chance of gyvels and having to take off rare armor to put on saves. When every piece of armor is rare, and you are carrying six rare weapons, how many slots do you have left for other stuff when you start taking off armor to wear saves? Thats the concept. Maybe there is another solution but this was my idea.

The weapon system has to be changed, it's really annoying to get like 6 weapons or in some cases even more, just because you're a warrior or some crap.

Depending how gimped you are, for example as gnome warrior you would want probably more than 6 weapons to make sure you always have an advantage. While as a giant you can only use 3 diff. weapons and do fine.

I think this is what ruined the inventory system which was fine before.

+1

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject:

Somehow posted my comment to wrong thread, ignore this.

Last edited by Ceridwel on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject:

It seems like it would be smart to reduce the weapon type parry to thief/ninja/bard only, in the same way that concentrate is warrior/berserker/ranger only. That would streamline the combat quite a bit ; even if you are skilled enough to be able to stack both these advantages, its pretty tedious and I certainly wouldn't mind not dealing with it. Other classes have their foreign weapons problems, vulns, etc, so it isn't really about taking away the inv issue, you guys would go straight to foreign weapons again if we did take everything else completely out. There's always been a golfbag of weapons for that reason.

If you have any further thoughts, let me know.

0 0 0
Mkatos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Ceridwel wrote:
Somehow posted my comment to wrong thread, ignore this.

But it's fine if your intent is to pick it up yourself after a fight, yeah?

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Thing that annoys me is the fact that you actually gain huge advantages from having XX amount of weapons.

Say you are a competitive PKing warrior, you would want to have:

Shaft 1hander probably mace and axe
Slash 1hander - sword
Segment 1hander - whip or flail

Whip-Flail for offensive dual wield
Dagger for defensive dual wield

Twohanded polearm for 2H preferably, in some cases, sword or segment, to maintain weapon superiority vs wild attacks.

And definitely a shield.

Then you would need to have vuln weapons;
icicle,
sword trapper in ivy,
water cube,
water churner,
punch in a box,
and now the slash and whatever weapons more (idk i havent been around for a while so i forgot)

Then the RACIAL bonuses, so you would want to use such weapons as well, like spears on slith for example.

And if you are a PERFECTIONIST, like i have been on my warriors and thus doing pretty good. You want to have EACH ONE OF THOSE WEAPONS, prefer CHANTED TOO.

Then you need proper aliases and scripts to manage them all.

Not to mention re-equip takes 100 hours even if you dont get them chanted:P

90% of the time during fighting, only thing that people do is try to gain superiority on weapons department, as every skill is basically dependant on it etc.

Thats like juggling blood and fire - way too much micromanaging just to have a fun brawl.

All this combined really makes me not bother playing warrior classes unless i have tons of free time to invest.

And when i play fighter rogue, i always try to "counter" warrior's combat superiority attempts. So i also need twohanded exotic and whatever weapons while having to maintain WEAPON superiority as well!

So i basically need same weapons as a warrior zzz...

I would actually prefer to see COMBAT styles go *poof* and checking systems for such skills like hobble n stuff to be remade into somewhat more easily manageable stuff.

Just my opinion though, i bet some or most people like the "new" system.

Also, MONKs had awesome system with Equipment encumburance, why not implement this to ROGUE classes? Make chance of them to get hobbled based on their dex and ability to manoveour with their equipment?

Make different defence based on equipments weight for example?

Light armor, clothes wearing rogue would be superb in dodging, while heavily armored warrior would suck bigtime in dodging even if its a dex 24 Drow, but make "armor" actually give "armor", eg. damage reduction?

So that not everyone would just hoard the same type of armor just based on how much +damroll it gives, instead make a choice of armor a smart strategy and implement skills to depend on it.

Heavily armored warrior should have hard time hobbling a nimble thief wearing clothes. As it just keeps jumping off from any attempt.
Yet if thief puts on some heavier armor because it should give more bonuses, then he cant dodge skills so much, but takes less damage.

Easily put: light armor = crap dmg mitigation but superb evasive skills.
heavy armor = nice dmg mitigation but harder to dodge dirt, hobble, bash etc.

Theres countless things that could be altered in order to replace combat superiority and juggling imo.

Which also would open up new opportunities for RP and whatever.
Walking in black leather would actually be a viable option not just for RPing in N[] Razz

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I mean, everytime i pull on something made of metal or plate as a rogue, i cringe thinking that its just so horrible. But im greedy so i want the +dmg and other nice stats:D

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Low Str races suffer more from this due to lack of weight capacity. Most of those things are solved with non-rares for other races and macros for grabbing it from sack and wielding it (fire giant bread and butter). OTOH, it doesnt matter how conservative low str races are, they can't do the same thing. a human warrior has the same weight bearing at level 11 that a level 50 18 str races has.

On the other side of the coin, you could choose a mage class and have to farm healing scrolls and staves for 30 minutes to 1 hour, which is a huge investment for getting ganked and losing it all and having to do it all over again, and that's without getting a decent gear set.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: