Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 21 hours.

mercenary commands and what really happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: mercenary commands and what really happens.

ok.. so i attack a mob.

i get beat up.

i lose.

i flee.

my pet will not flee the fight.

my mercenary will not flee the fight.

both die.

also: while my pet and mercenary fight to the death, I still get aggroed...

meaning i walk into the room to spam order them to flee or do something, and they just ignore me AND somehow the mob switches targets and attacks me instead of them causing them to autoassist me (continuously defeat the purpose of ordering them to flee) and then i die from being low from fleeing in the first place.

suggestions:

make it so mobs will let your mercenary buff at least if he's not going to flee the fight so he can tank the mob while i finish it and not target me or at least make him listen to me when i order him to flee.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject:

I don't think flee is on our list of commands that work with order. Pets and mercenaries will flee a fight after you do, usually within 1-2 rounds. While it may seem like something instant may be better, some classes in the game, like necromancers and illusionists, get more powerful charmies that they don't always want to flee combat instantly.

Thanks for taking the time to point these things out. I'll offer a couple of suggestions.

Turn on 'color auras' if you haven't already. That'll make mobs with sanc standout more. Think of sanc'd mobs as having double hp (since they take half damage from your attacks) and will be much harder to kill, even if the consider command says they're only a few levels higher than you.

Order your pet to kill and rescue you. This can help sap some of the damage away from you before you need to flee. You already noted the mob will recognize you as the master and try to kill you first anyway. You can always order the pet to rescue again.

0 0 0
Rensumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Some things my pets have not fled from as well. When trying for a difficult zombie some rank 60 creatures my pets haven't fled from. IE Ranger Guildmaster in Emerald. The evil altar priest in timaran. That said it is saying that they are the same rank as you not really the same strength. It is guess and check on that sort of thing.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject:

would it be really a players advantage to make a mob stay with the target it is currently fighting rather than switch back to the master. This would help out new players a great deal and even mages or lower leveled characters in ranking and getting equipment.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject:

If mobs didn't redirect, killing mobs would be way too cheese for anyone with pets.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
If mobs didn't redirect, killing mobs would be way too cheese for anyone with pets.

why is it that some mobs just go, herp derp random spell cast on pet/merc?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject:

Might have been designed that way by the mob's creator so tanks aren't the only ones taking damage

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: