Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 7 hours.

Potion addiction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject:

balding lol Laughing

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject:

okay, maybe I'm confused... but aren't potions made by mixing certain plants and other stuff together, a lot like DRUGS! OMG, its like they are meant to be addictive, its not like you guys don't use them like they are going out of style. So it does add a bit of a realistic thing to it.. cause drugs kinda make you less healthy, represented in the loss to constitution. So... stop your whining, you guys are all mad that you have a low health pool cause your bad Very Happy

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject:

You are correct Andrael. Some people use drugs to achieve an altered state of awareness and it can be addicting. Other people use pot and opioids for pain control. For those people the drugs are not addictive, but rather a necessity. Fighter classes are a lot like that. The potions are not an addiction but a necessity. Point made. Case closed.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject:

So, you saying for things like mages, shamans, rogues, it should be a higher chance than for the warrior classes? Well, that would make some sense, due to them having been sturdier and being more physical fit.

0 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I've always thought eating magic dust would be addictive. Just the name alone has a very druggie feel to it.

Bro- "Yo, you heard bout Nadrin, he up on dat dust again. Sayin' he sees inbissible peeple."

Bro 2- "Aye. That magic dust is a hellauva drug."

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Andrael wrote:
So, you saying for things like mages, shamans, rogues, it should be a higher chance than for the warrior classes? ...

No, I am not saying that. I count rogues as fighter/non-magic class and I am not saying that magic classes should have a higher chance of getting addicted. There is a disparity between the classes. Magic classes use potions far, far less than Fighter classes so there is less chance they will be affected by the annoying addictions. For me, there are only short intervals where I am without an addiction or two affecting me.

There are many tedious elements to games, ie. eating, ranking, mastering skills, but at least these all have positive outcomes (not starving, reaching pinnacle, getting stronger). Potion addiction is just a negative, tedious element.

Anyway, I see no value whatsoever in addictions. Obviously I don't know the bigger picture of how the addictions might fit into the game. I have said what I had to say so I won't keep going on about it.

0 0 0
Grunchel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I just wish it wasn't on an item that one has to spend gold on. I mean it's not like we have much of a choice to use the potions past level 36. also they're fairly expensive at those ranks, makes it even harder to quaff two, just to offset the penalty. with all the changes to mercenaries and grouping I under stand, this change I don't.

Also Andrael, humans have been mixing things since the dawn of mankind, Gatorade for example is a good mixture we have. It's designed to aide in accomplishing a physical task(not in the same way that monster potions do, but I hope you're seeing the parallel). Nobody is tripping balls over gatorade or being addicted too it.

I think the 'snort' command should be added for magic dust Smile

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject:

QUAFF PURPLE
DIRT CHICKEN
FLEE
FLEE
*PANIC*
R.I.P. because of -10000 stats and Davairus' naked penis on ASCII desc.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: