Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 4 hours.

Update to Repute

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Update to Repute

Reputations can now be given out by any Theran ranked at or about 40 within their guildhall. To see a list of all the reputations you can give, you may use 'repute <person>' and give them the reputation with 'repute -person- -keyword-'.

The Heralds of Thera will be in charge of adding and updating the reputations which are available and you can view the reputation of a person by using the STATUS command.

0 0 0
Blashyrkh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject:

Woah.. seriously? So you are going to have a bunch of buddies or enemies reputing one another. Great.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject:

Blashyrkh wrote:
Woah.. seriously? So you are going to have a bunch of buddies or enemies reputing one another. Great.

Pretty sure this is EXACTLY what is intended. Buddies and enemies tend to, you know, RP with one another. And the Heralds are there to police abuse

0 0 0
Blashyrkh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, yeah. That is the only thing that concerns me is the abuse of it.

0 0 0
Blashyrkh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject:

It'll probably be pretty cool, I mean at first I didn't think that any lvl 40 was a trustworthy source. You will have those kind of people who throw lame reputations on people who really show no image of that reputation, and that just seems like more work. Reputations weren't getting out before anyway, so maybe this will be a good change.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject:

You'll be able to see the number of times a person has been reputed a certain thing, so if you have a strong character, and someone was a meanieface and reputed you cowardly or something, it'll still show like 5 reputations of renowned and one of simpleton. Even that would say to me that someone was trying to denounce him.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I am willing to bet we see more negative reputations than good ones. I find that when it comes to pk people get emotional and will more likely stamp you with a bad reputation even if it is false. I don't see many people being like "Hey thanks for killing me, you are now reputed as a 'Vicious Killer'".

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Negative is always pointed out first, and the positive is typically the last thing to be mentioned. I agree with Eloret... probably see mostly negative. Then again, maybe I'll be surprised and everybody will be level headed about giving reputations...yeah......

0 0 0
Grunchel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject:

int do_circle_jerk (fsock sock, character friend_with_benefits) Wink

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject:

Trust. It can't be abused.

Firstly, these reputations aren't that permanent. They'll go away when the person who bestows it deletes or is denied. This is supposed to be a living, organic thing. If people really repute you as spineless a few times you probably are getting it because you are spineless. If people throw spineless on everybody we can deny that character and all the crap they wrote goes immediately bye bye. Its faster than deleting them from the database by hand for Vevier (Yes I could do it just as fast, but she doesnt have access) and I am sure she would rather deny you to get it done quickly than do it all herself.

Secondly, the requirement is actually to be verified with forum account/desc for extra level of abuse tracking. Not level 40. It has never been level 40. If I hadn't already built that, we wouldn't be doing this right now.

Thirdly, it makes you specify an (Imm visible only) comment so you can give your reason for doing that reputation. You will be getting a visit from an Imm for this if you don't have a sound basis for doing it.

So go out there and enjoy it. Its fine and dandy.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I like this. And saying it will be abused is like saying people will drop crap quit and create. It happens. I think if the Imm's thought that this would get out of control, they wouldn't have created it to begin with.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Is there a list of the possible reputations somewhere?

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject:

if you repute <person> without any arguments, then it will bring up a list of all available reputations.

0 0 0
Blashyrkh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject:

I was way too quick to judge. This is very cool, but I am curious about something. The old Herald reputations were always shown in description. Do these kind of serve as tally marks for that person eventually getting that Herald reputation of said marks?

Thanks for clearing it up, I really do like this change.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: