Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 11 hours.

Werebeast rangers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Werebeast rangers

Has their been any thought to rping what beast form you would like to take. Or maybe completing a quest to get that form. Personally I could understand the difference between, boar wolf and tiger if they were roughly the same but we have clear cut differences that can really affect the game. When ever I played a were I always hoped for a tiger, more often I got a wolf I kept it, if I got a boar I'd just delete it.

Tiger at lvl 50 22 str 21 dex
Skill: were-tiger : modifies strength by 5 for 2 hours
: modifies health by 50 for 2 hours
: modifies damroll by 10 for 2 hours

Wolf at lvl 50 23 dex
Skill: were-wolf : modifies dexterity by 5 for 11 hours
: modifies health by 25 for 11 hours
: modifies hitroll by 10 for 11 hours

Boar at lvl 50 I think the con is just at 22
Skill: were-boar : modifies constitution by 5 for 7 hours
: modifies hp by 75 for 7 hours
: modifies ac by -100 for 7 hours

Since ac doesn't have a whole lot to do with damage protection right?? Olyn never did answer my question about this so I am still hazy on it, the boar seems to be the worst choice overall. 10 dam or 10 hit is a huge game changer, in my experience I have done well with wolves but tigers seem to be a lot easier. I never felt as a wolf like man I am dodging and parrying everything with my 23 dex, but sure as hell as a tiger I hit like a truck big difference. I wonder when a werebeast is transformed as a wolf do you dodge like a elf?? And for those who are a boar wouldn't it make sense that when you are transformed and you rank as a boar you get the chance of having hp like a minotaur? I am sure this all sounds very OP since rangers are easier to play, but what why does one beast form IMO trump the rest. The only boar ranger that comes to mind is Hrimoyan and I would like him to put his two cents in if he felt that he would have been just as successful with any other form or did he find boars limiting.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I think boar gets more dex and possibly more strength when transformed in addition to the two con. 100 ac is HUGE. Tiger is sexy for that immediate damage boost and the ability to loot like a giant. I just don't have the time/patience to do a beast ranger otherwise I would try to load up a boar with ac and go to town.

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

100 AC = -10% damage from all weapon attacks.
Every 10 AC is -1% damage.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Actually it's even more than that, with the right gear that could be a 15% reduction, or more

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject:

All AC is additive. Your race and your gear contributes to AC.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I was kicking around ideas with Dav about this, where young werebeasts take a sort of "personality quiz" that determines their were-form. All beasts would be open, not gender-restricted anymore. Still a ways before action but we are considering it Smile

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

That sounds cool, Vanisse!

And kapruski, AC is additive but the %damage reduction of 100 AC will depend on the level of AC a person already has

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject:

This is making me wonder what the bonuses are for female werebeast. They don't seem to be as good as male so no one seems to play them. Falcon is nice due to the flying and all, but the other ones are just a bit out there. I've only gotten falcon, neither fox or ocelot, which are the other two I believe

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject:

If one gives int, then you might be able to one prac skills while transformed which would give you a little extra hp in addition to whatever benefits the form gives.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

I'll see if I have a log of Rariwn when she was transformed into the ocelot, and post the transform stats for you Andrael.

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

I wasn't aware AC worked like that kato. I was taking fireballer's word for it and the AC guide he drew up had some pretty convincing numbers that it was strictly 1 AC for .1% damage reduction.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256

DON'T make extra accounts to agree with yourself with.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Rank 50 Were-Ocelot:
Dexterity by 4(max of 22)
Hp by 25
Damroll by 5

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject:

I'd say wereboar is pretty fun. I know Dav has always preferred the wolf, and I couldn't roll a wolf to save my life, I had to learn to love it because 9 out of 10 times I draw boar and I just can't be arsed enough to reroll at 15. Last time I had a were-wolf I was first starting in AR. I had Eunshiil that was Tiger, and that was fun but I was just trying to learn Warlords so I wasn't really operating as a full ranger at that time. I'd say wereboar is pretty amazing when it comes to leveling up. It has some shortcomings in terms of the "fun" of PK, but wereboar is by far the best PvE of the male three. The way AC was working recently, wereboar is even pretty damn good now from damage reduction with the ac boost plus barkskin.

For me, the ranger's strength is in his utility and since wereboar is the most utility/defense-based were-race with health, con (shield block), and ac (damage reduction) boosts I've come to meld well with it. For terms of PK I would say wereboar is the long game's ranger which was my main style all of my pre-Imm career. If you're into the immediate smackdown of your opponent, you're gonna want wolf or tiger. The thing I love about wereboars is that you can essentially roll a base race that comes to accomodate your playstyle. I think that's why you go for were-race when you go ranger Ozaru.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

Yeah I hated fighting Hrimoyan in wereboar form because I COULD NEVER HIT HIM. I swear I'd cuss every fight because you would maul me to near death and I'd get like 4-5 hits on you because of AC and dodge. Hooray for assassinate though Smile

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: