Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 18 hours.

Shadows and light+ armor, WTF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Shadows and light+ armor, WTF?

There was a note somewhere, an update, a change, whatever it was, I KNOW I AM NOT GOING CRAZY, saying that Shadows like monks are limited to light armor or get burdened. Then I see these fucks with red dragon and other heavy armor not giving a flying fuck.

Any elaboration or is this just some dream I once succumbed into?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if done yet, but they are probably going to be. I recall I wasn't sure whether they can wear medium armor on torso or not (which seems ok). Its a big change to drop on a class that really hasn't any bonuses which take that into account, and so we might be better just putting a stacking dodge penalty on heavyarmors to nudge them away from that

0 0 0
Estel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Well if the light armor choices get more diverse, then it would make sense for shadows to be restricted to light armor, thieves could maybe wear up to medium armor but would have to compensate on something then.

Right now shadows are really gimped version of thieves with detect invis spell Razz

Steal and pry is just too op, also double backstab is much more of a wizkill than assassinate and vs heavy-truckers like DKs you cant really do much as Shadow, you get pummeled with an ease.

Blindness dust has been nerfed too much, grapple has been nerfed and basically everything has been nerfed when it comes to shadows imo. An underdog class, player listings speak for themselves.

TL;DR Shadows used to excel at killing decked out pussies with blindness dust through protective shield and stumble stumble. Now that both are nerfed and dirt kick works as fine, there is no real point for anyone to play Shadow.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

What if you switched counterbalance and how it is associated with weapons? So you must wear light armor only to counterbalance, and can wear whatever the hell kind of weapons you want, and work some sort of penalty to heavy armor. Maybe ninjitsu has some sort of weight distribution you can work with that allows you something like being able to wear one heavy armor piece if it weighs such and such, or two if they equal that one. Just a random

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Eh nevermind, that idea sounds too monkey 3nodding

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: