Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 18 hours.

ignore and quiet command plus rp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: ignore and quiet command plus rp

I was attacked by this monk recently, and after he failed to kill me both times we fought, of which the second time I nearly killed him. We had a little back and forth of fleeing and cowards and other whatnot. Then he tells me silence beacuse he doesnt want to hear anymore, and I say he failed twice when he believed his strength would win him the fight(because he was level 42 and Im only 38 ), and say I'll speak to him as I please because I dont fear him, or at least I got the first part in and wouldve told him the second, but he put ignore on. I would'nt have needed to say any more if he didnt speak back. it felt like a one way street, him wanting to roleplay but then not wanting to receive it. then

tells you 'I just killed grunky'
reply He is a weak fool
is ignoring you.
tells you 'where are you drow.'
You tell 'I would tell you if you werent ignoring me.'
You tell 'Which is a command the gods condemn the use of in such a manner.'
You tell 'Fool.'
tells you 'I gave you full warning, you chose to force me to ignore you.'
You tell 'Grunky must've been quite weak to be slain by you, like the skulking jackal you are.'
You tell 'Full warning?'
tells you 'I said silence, then you continued, and I said silence final warning, you continued then I silenced you from my ears.'
-this part happened halfway what he said-
You tell 'I was unaware the gods allowed you to subjigate the rules they laid down.'

reply perhaps you should be made aware of their rules
You tell 'Perhaps you should be made aware of their rules.'
The brains of the large hobgoblin decomposes.

help rp
'ROLEPLAYING'

Roleplaying is required here at Abandoned Realms. Your character should
speak or act as he or she would in the fantasy setting we have prepared
for you.

Roleplaying is allowed to exist in many forms but must remain PG-13. Do
not say or emote something that may offend another player. Roleplay
should be something that increases everyone's enjoyment of your character.
Even if your character is not very popular, it will be respected if you
RP consistently and thoroughly.

There are even organizations that require an even higher level of Roleplay.
These are called Cabals and Subordinates. Read HELP CABAL for more info.

For rules of roleplaying, see RP RULES.

tells you 'perhaps you should too and then you would see I was well within my rights.'
reply a scroll I recently read 'help rp' and 'help ighnore'.
You tell 'A scroll I recently read 'help rp' and 'help ighnore'.'
reply were you?
You tell 'Were you?'
You tell 'Or did you simply use the command as a childish way to have the last word?'
tells you 'you were continually barraging me with useless garbage, I warned you several times then took actions.'
You tell 'Subjigating the rules by doing so.'
tells you 'well go and complain then crybaby. I'm sure they'd love to hear about your pathetic little problems.'
You tell 'The immortals deal with those who displease them. Learn to accept their rules.'
tells you 'wah wah'
You tell 'And so, the vermin results to childish noises. it is a wonder you do anything at all.'
tells you 'big tissue for you, wittle baby drow. After I'll change youw itty bitty diaper.'

He didn't warn me several times as he says, and I thought his words were to antagonize me. I'd like to know though if I stepped over the line? I was trying to speak with him like this drow would with disdain for someone that weak seeming, then I tried to talk about what I read in help ignore and help rp files while staying in character but it didnt really work. If I did wrong Im sorry. Can you tell me what the boundary should be?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Sorry for late response, we haven't been "ignoring" you (boom boom). I've made an adjustment to the ignore command. Explanation follows:

If you ignore someone, you won't recieve their tells anymore. Its as if you used the zmud gag function, no change there. However, for the "victim", he won't know he has been ignored.

I've done this for two reasons:

1) The intent of ignore

Ignore is supposed to be to mainly stop people from spamming you with garbage tells, or something. If they can tell its stopped working, they'll resort to some other method, or pick on someone else. This just wastes their time.

2) The method of misuse

Basically, send people tells, with ignore on, so they're a "captive audience", to annoy them. With this new implementation, they'll still think they're replying, and you'll just *seem* to be ignoring them, instead of them magically knowing that. i.e. it can't affect your target's gameplay or roleplay.

Its possible in theory now for two people to ignore each other, and then "send" each other stupid tells.. just gotta wait for two canadians to fight each other.

May seem like a crazy way to fix it but its working insofar as there's not going to be complaint about use of the ignore command anymore. It now just falls under a "shallow rp" type offence, which isn't quite as serious, or as annoying hopefully.

As for your question, I think the boundary is where you start telling people to read/follow the rules. Its not bad to do, but it isn't terribly effective. Leave that to us.. we've got the slays.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject:

NECROED

But seriously, the ignore command now ignores a lot more stuff. Says, emotes, newbie chat, et.c

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: