Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 4 hours.

A couple of ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghostey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: A couple of ideas

Two ideas that I would love to see:

First: Being able to use furniture while it stays in my inventory. I have lost thousands of gold to stupid sleeping bags and having to drop them and pick them back up.

Second: A clear command. When you have that random command that is stuck in the que and you've been tripped and or bashed and it fires and keeps you in combat just long enough to die....

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Idea 1- That's not very realistic. When you use a sleeping bag you need to put it on the ground first. You can't sleep in it if you're holding it. Just make a macro like drop sleep|sleep sleep and another for wake|get sleep

Idea 2- This is by design. See HELP LAG.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

1: I've seen this implemented our way and the way you suggested and there's pros and cons of each. The compromise we established several years back is that sleeping bags can be taken but tents can only be collected by the player that 'pitched' it. I'm open to reconsidering this.

2: Again, something that we've considered in the past. What we did, rather than provide a 'clear' command for the guy getting bashed, was take a hard look at how skills like bash and trip can be chained together. I'm very happy with the results of that collaboration. I'm open to discussing this with the senior staff as well, but this isn't the kind of change we would ever make without a LOT of careful consideration.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

dropping sleeping bags is a feature. realism is hardly a factor here but being able to sac someone's bag right when they stand, or attack them and they get so scared they run off without picking it up can be a useful if not just an annoying strat. also the nuisance and wasted commands of using a sleeping bag is part of the cons of using "furniture" if you can use it in your inventory you might as well just sell items that give you the increase regen, like a pill.

as far as the second part well there is actually a really simple and easy way around this but choosing what to do and when in combat is important and lag is what punishes those mistakes. though i think in pve some way to clear out your command que would be nice

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

¿que?

0 0 1
Ghostey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject:

That's exactly what I was saying. The clear command would in no way clear any sort of lag or what have you, but say that you're walking around an area and walk into an agro mob. Well, not only is the initial lag of combat there, but now I have to watch whatever directional movements I had entered scroll by before I can do anything in the fight. It would be nice to be able to clear those, and input another command.

It's really not at all unbalancing in PvE or PvP, because it simply allows you to react to situations as they arise. So no more getting disarmed and instead of arming another weapon, casting a fireball or trying to dirt kick. You still eat whatever lag you had, it just allows you a different command instead of eating something else. If it's a PvP situation that you're worried about you could simply set it off of a different adrenaline timer, but I'm not sure what the need would be. It would be the same for both parties, not OP for just one side or the other.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Simple solution. don't spam, and you wont have extra commands entered in

2 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: