Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 20 hours.

Is ranger still good for noobs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Multore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Is ranger still good for noobs?

I think I was a halfling ranger? maybe human ranger ages ago when I was around playing, trying to learn this place. Is that still a viable first time character?

Is the place down to just a few players lately? That is sad, I've seen that happen to all sorts of MUDs lately.

Anyway, I'm interested in playing again if anyone wants to give me some pointers, updates, advice. I'll probably go with ranger since that's something I vaguely remember 3-5 years and things get fuzzy ya know?

I'll probably create in a few hours after my boring work day is over.

Cheers,
Multore

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Halfling ranger is definitely viable. They have great dirt kick, especially in forests. You'll want to use weapons that use dexterity instead of strength when possible, like whips and bows. Good to have you back!

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Regarding your comment about number of players, the playerbase is pretty consistent but it is just a matter of timing of wether everybody is on at once. You will find it a blessing to sometimes login and find nobody around, as that allows you to re-equip without any danger of getting killed. Try logging in at different times of the day and different days of the week to catch the sweet spots of tons of players on at once.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: