Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 2 days, 15 hours.

Warrior's overpower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivindel

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Warrior's overpower

Alright, just putting it out there. With all the recent changes to shadows and the scarecrow and cabal currencies, I thought I could suggest a change to the overpower skill of warriors so here's that.

I was thinking that perhaps the overpower skill can get a rework of some sort. While retaining the hefty movement cost (100), instead of empowering certain mastered skills to execute them at a higher level, how about changing it to grant the warrior a sudden boost in speed, an effect similar to shadow's shadow burst and berserker's dash. I felt that it fits rather nicely in the context of the skill name and movement (stamina) cost as the warrior channels his energy to boost the reflexes and speed of its limbs to enable himself to run faster for a fixed duration (just like how adrenaline pushes the body limits to some extent).

In the current game meta, almost every class has a way to prevent enemies from escaping. There are curses, maledictive spells for mages/clerics, shadow burst, dash, sleep spell, misdirection and terrain spells, etc. Thought warriors could get some love in that domain.

What do you guys think?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Slow/prevent escape like bash, trip, hobble, and dirt kick?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

What Olyn said. Warriors have plenty of ways to prevent escape. If you think Warriors have it bad on this subject, try playing a healer, invoker or paladin.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Well, I figured you guys will say something like that. Just food for thought though. I feel that no one cares to play a warrior nowadays, they are like the benchmarks for melee combat whereas other classes like berserkers, monks, rangers, even shadows are hybrids of them with unique skillsets to define them.

Their combat is linear and old-school, your tracking skills have to be top-notched to stay on the tail since everyone moves with the same movement lag, except for shadow burst and dash. Their detection is lacking and most of the time they can just forget about fighting a thief, shadow, ranger or illusionist, if their opponents do not wish to fight. They cannot cast curse like a healer nor can they heal like a monk or paladin but still be able to dish out awesome damage. Invokers are very much like warriors aside from their main damage coming from spells and they have barrier and manashield.

Of course, as any of you would have guessed, I main a warrior, hence this post. Anyhow, I am not saying that your points are not valid, but as someone who has been playing warriors for the longest time (at least for most of the characters that I had), these are the feelings that I get when playing a warrior. Just wanna share them and see if there are any others like me who think likewise.

Balance is a tricky thing in this game and I understand that. Peace.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion, role playing-wise, warriors should be the masters of melee, and monks and berserkers seem to have distinct advantages over them, so allowing them to have a burst of speed type effect seems reasonable. Although, bash, trip, hobble, and dirt all seem fairly reasonable to keep your enemy in battle, or not running far. I suck too much ass at weapon switching to play a warrior, so I wouldn't know.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I think warriors will always have a place. Fynth being the last wicked successful warrior that comes to mind. 4th attack is pretty dope along with dual parry and many other things. They've got a lot of shit in their arsenal and it's only a matter of time before someone gets bored and 1 prac facestomps everyone with a fire warrior.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

Kornhole, everyone feels like they suck at the weapon switching nonsense. Including me. Luckily, they still operate fine by getting super-geared and hobble/dirt/bash and ignore that crap. You would beat Lorne with heavy enough gear and just that I can assure you, and monks and shadows way easier. Just have to be super-geared. Probably no other class is that gear-dependent in fact. Not really sure when this became a "little known fact" but there you go. Look for actually big geared warrior logs and see how much fiddling with weapons thay are doing (the minimum).

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

which warriors you talking about? all the top warriors ive seen fiddle with weapons. granted i havent played in a bit. i agree with invindel though

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

They'll fiddle with weapons, but a uberl33t decked warrior just pumps out so much dps that they can get away with doing it less.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject:

Warriors can cause significant problems for any class, especially high-strength warriors. They have the ability to carry all the saves they need, all the weapons they need and can defend like crazy, while still doing good damage. Riposte, Dodge, Dual Parry, Parry and four attacks, while at the same time bash/trip/dirt or just insert skill here.

Warriors are the master of the melee and can eat a well decked monk alive, with a medium suit of armor, so long as they keep switching out weapons and murder/fleeing. As for shadows, I haven't fought any yet so I can't honestly say.

0 1
boo,
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject:

I've never been able to figure out how giant warriors manage their inventory. With an assortment of rare weapons, a bow and quivers, javelins, a shield, and at least 1 gyvel and 1 purple in your inventory, I had like 1 free space in my inventory on a human warrior. Who had 20 dex.

That's the main reason I don't want to play a giant, I can't manage my inventory with 20 dex how the fuck am I supposed to do it with 16 dex?

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject:

Faelon, I don't quite agree with you on "Warriors are the master of the melee and can eat a well decked monk alive, with a medium suit of armor, so long as they keep switching out weapons and murder/fleeing."

Try fighting Isogai (decked out) or Temur (good player) with a warrior, I bet you will just get your ass handed to you Smile
No hard feelings.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes div that was pretty annoying on a giant. got to use more non rare items in the inventory and only take out items from your sack situationally

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: