Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 16 hours.

Hitroll on illusionists?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raginggnome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Hitroll on illusionists?

Hey, I was just curious if hitroll is worth building on an illusionist versus pure hp gear?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

Short answer: yes.

Dreamstruck can destroy someone's saves and make the terrain/misdirect combo butter. You just have to stay alive for it. More rng intense. Higher risk higher reward.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

Raginggnome, that depends on your gear actually. You need high hitroll and somewhat high hp too. There is no point having huge dreamstruck but you have to run in 4 rounds. The base hp of illusionist is really low. With really really high end gear, dreamstruck is deadly. You got to explore the available gear though. Get creative! Very Happy

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

My take on most of it is, as any spell caster you want to stack HP to deal out the damage. But it's been ages since I've played any spellcaster, so I don't know a ton. Back in the day I stacked hitrolll and would do an absolutely ridiculous amount of damage and I loved it; made my day really... However, As much damage you could maybe deal yourself, as an illusionist, your illusions deal a ton more. So I always thought, personally, that Health is a better priority. If you can stay in the fight longer, then the more damage illusions do.

Might want to talk to the other folks about exact details.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I think the hitroll versus hp debate depends a lot on playstyle. I feel like a Ranix would load hitroll and try to steamroll you in 4 rounds while you had your pants down. Whereas a pip would load health and skirmish with you for an hour until you made a mistake.

As Merlandox said you're going to need high hitroll to make it work. There's not really a viable mid-ground if you go the hitroll route. 30 hitroll is not going to cut it. You need to be at the very least 40+. While on the hp side of things you'll be ok if you have +150hp eq and only get better as you get to 300 and beyond.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

It used to be much better if you stack grandeur. You can get +12 from grandeur if you do it right. However, there's a bug with it that grandeur stacks doesn't refresh properly. So currently it is a little more difficult to have high hitroll on illusionist. Not un-doable though.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Has the bug been reported?

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah I did. Since I was on Sevaush.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: